Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
AWESOME!! sunroof decals are funny nice job, OVErall car looks good, however i must say i dislike the way you painted the center caps, you could've used blue painters tape and a razor and cut that "A" out but thats just my opinion, im very picky when i do stuff to the car. now you just need this cover http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gASchh8RiqY/TNAaaZ8tOeI/AAAAAAAAHuI/8y0PfB2dBBw/s1600/Honda+K24+Engine.jpg would be a nice add on to project blackout and black out the Bumper reflectors in the back, since your good with the rattle can Autozone or advanced auto parts sell something called NITESHADES http://www.google.com/products/cata...Gk9ATttvnkBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers would def help wit the look your going for but dont get too carried away LEss is More sometimes

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blulablcl9, i used blackout tape to cover up the chrome trim.

dannyv, i actually have plans for the intake mani and sparkplug covers already, thatll be another thread in a week or so. ive thought about tinting the rear reflectors and the sideview mirror turn signals, but like you said less is more. probly leave all the lighting stock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
didnt really like the stock grille, so i got the mugen rep off ebay. couple fitment issues, but for $80 shipped from japan, its not bad.

coilovers and camber kit are on their way too. should be on within a week. ive also done what i think is a very unique thing under the hood, and starting on the inside of the car. ill post those pics when its all done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it fits pretty good, but the fg is so thick on the tabs, that the little push clips wont fit back in. so its only got 2 holding it in for now. and theres a bigger gap than i expected on the bottom. im probly just being picky. it does look good tho.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
coilovers came in today. been planning on installing them since the beginning of the week, so i took the day off work. perfect weather to work outside. the front was ridiculously easy. maybe half hour total time after the wheels were off. the rear gave me some trouble tho. drivers side swaybar endlink nut was a pain to get off, but some pb blaster and a little heat got it. passengers side was a lot harder and took more blaster and heat, but i finally got it. i adjusted the coilovers to what i thought was gonna be the correct ride height, but i was way off. when i first brought the car down i was tucking over an inch of tire up front, and couldnt turn the wheel without messing up the fender liner. raised it back up and adjusted everything, and now the fenderwells are level with the tops of the tires all around. definitely needs an alignment, and ill need new tires a lot quicker than expected too. anyway, on to the pics. enjoy.

with the tl wheels, ive got less than a finger width of space between the fender/rear 1/4 and the tires. and the tires are pretty bald on the edges. i plan on bringing it down another 1/4in in the front tomorrow, and eventually rolling the rear 1/4 and getting a 1in or so spacer. that wont be for a little while tho.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice set up. What did you use to black out your chrome, was it the plasti dip? My question is if it is do you think if you added visors would they come off? My boy did his rims also but you can just peel it right off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts