Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mod is used to correct hyper flashing when using LED turn signals. I used the DIY found on V6P and AZine etc.

http://tl.acuraREMOVEzine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815219

I followed the steps, I used a .12 Ohm, 1 Watt, 5% wirewound resistor (bought from Digikey).
This is basically just to confirm that this mod works for TSXs performed on our Mitsuba Flasher relay fuse.
Here's the swap out that require solder & a solder gun.
Old resistor is the one removed. New is the Green spun one.

The signals now blink at an appropriate speed. This is the proper fix vs the resistor band-aid applied to each bulb relay. These heat up to mimic drawing the same amount as a halogen bulb. Some members who swapped out all 4 corners instead of just 2 required .24 Ohm resistors.

A Simple, cheap and effective way to do this. If you have questions just let me know, but this confirms it works :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Very nice, most cars have relays modified in this fashion for sale. Unfortunately, we have to do the work ourselves. :p

So, .24 eh. .

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, most cars have relays modified in this fashion for sale. Unfortunately, we have to do the work ourselves. :p

So, .24 eh. .
Yeah, apparently there is one somewhere, for $80. That's silly. You can do this mod for under $1. If you have the tools.
.24 was what some ppl claimed on their accords for all tail lights.
I bought several .12 and .24 ohm resistors so that I can do this when I swap more leds in later. This was primarily for my LED tails.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the steps in doing this ?
You'll need soldering skills, soldering iron, solder, a spare turn signal relay (or risk your own- don't recommend), appropriate resistor. I can make one for you if you like.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Aragrev, I'd have you make me one just to save myself the time. Too much traveling and work, can't remember the last time I got to work in the garage. PM me if you're considering it. Got to find myself a spare resistor.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aragrev, I'd have you make me one just to save myself the time. Too much traveling and work, can't remember the last time I got to work in the garage. PM me if you're considering it. Got to find myself a spare resistor.
I think I have extra parts to make 2, just need the actual relay fuse to modify. I might only have one laying around though.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Very cool! I was thinking of swapping out my halogens for some LEDs too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts