Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 TSX 6spd suggest using premium fuel which I have been using. At times I use mid grade depending on price of fuel. Am I required to use premium all the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its up for debate. Most will say yes while some will say its not.

You really have to look at the different fuels and what they do for your car.

With less octane, your car will not run at optimal performance level and best gas millage.

With the advised octane level your car will run as it was designed and you will see a difference in power and gas millage.

I have tuned many cars and I have used different octane fuels and can see the changes that they make.

If the car is tuned for that octane level then use the recommended fuel.

But in some cases less octane will deliver more power and better gas millage than higher octane. You have to understand what octane does for the fuel/car to make the proper decision.

Octane in fuel will help higher cr engines from detonating/pinging by slowing down the burn process.

In theory you want to use the least octane level fuel for the fastest burn, but with out pinging or detonation. If pinging/detonation occurs you either increase octane level in your fuel or decrease ignition timing, but that's another story.

So with out going on and on about proper fuel, I would say use what is recommended for your car and stick with that.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Please search this topic as it has been discussed numerous times. I recommend sticking to premium fuel myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.