1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All!

2009 TSX Automatic, no tech package...

Purchased early march '09...

I just recently washed her off after a pretty bad snow storm in the northeast and was SHOCKED at what i saw!:soapbox:

On both rear sides of the vehicle, but worse on the driver's side, there is an engineering flaw on the rear door jams. They put protective film on this area, assuming because the rear door actually closes recessed in from the rocker panel, but this 4''-5'' area that is exposed where the protective film is has been completely DESTROYED!:madfawk: The film has a jagged split right down the center from taking a beating from what i assume is the road salt put down by the DOT, but on top of the protective film being destroyed, the paint has been battered down to the bare metal as well!h1e1l1p

I took the vehicle to my local dealer on Saturday and had to deal with a head-scratching serviceman who wasn't the manager who had never seen it before and said he needs to call in an Acura rep to come see it and decide if I'm going to be covered under warranty.

Has anybody else experienced this problem yet? It makes even less sense to me that it would happen because I installed the OEM splash guards the day I took my TSX home.

Please anybody who lives in an area that sees snowy winter conditions even on a semi-regular basis, pay attention to this area of your vehicle. I live in Pittsburgh and am having near anxiety attacks waiting to hear what Acura is going to decide on this matter. I DON'T EVEN DRIVE ON QUESTIONABLE ROADS! I have a drive to work that has me on a very main highway in PA, so it's not like I am beating the car up on dirt/gravel roads.

It clearly is a design flaw having the rear doors not meet flush with the rocker panel, but for only having my car 11 months and to have bare metal exposed after only 3/4ths of my first winter under the belt is lunacy!

If anybody out there can offer some insight, their own experience with this, or advice, please help me out!!! I am new to this forum but not new to owning an Acura, my last car was a ballsy '02 CL Type-S and was traded in with over 100k miles and not a single paint problem whatsoever, actually no problems at all other than the transmission issues we're all probably aware of for that generation of Acuras.

IF I HEAR FROM ANYBODY ELSE ON HERE THAT IS INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC, I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET A GOOD PICTURE TO POST OF THIS DAMAGE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the best picture i could get of the damage...the brown area near the exposed bare metal is just the protective film. it is raised up and has dirt underneath it

Attachments

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
thats some crazy shit u cant peel that film off....?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it can be peeled off, but it is still providing a little bit of protection where it hasn't been pelted open yet from road salt...that's bare metal in the center where it has taken the most direct impact!

i think peeling it off at this point will do more bad than good

i'm just keeping my fingers crossed as to what acura is gonna say when they get a look at it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts