Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched from OEM to 18x9 +22 Work VS-XX. I have 215/40/18 on them. I filled them with 32/30 psi as it says on the door. My gas milage has significantly dropped. I use to get 600km to a tank in the winter. Now I'm getting about 480-500km. No AC being used or anything. Most of the time, I don't even have the fan running.

So my question is am I suppose to have 32/30 psi or is it suppose to be more? My friend running stretched tires says he runs 38 all around.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I believe that pressure is for stock tires, or at least the stock size. If your running lower pro tires you'll need more pressure. I have hankook ventus etc 225/40/18, running 36f/38r.
Just what I read.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Of course it also depends on Your driving style. If your DD or wanting to track/incr handling.
Short is, higher pressure will give you better mileage. Just don't be excessive. Your tire has a max psi rating. Google the common pressure ppl use for your spec tire

·
Registered
341 Posts
I never follows the manufacturer's recommendation. I only use it as a guideline, even with stock wheels, my tire pressure is about 36/35 psi.

Not sure how much heavier/lighter is the volks wheel compared to stock wheel. But heavier wheel will affect your mpg.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I already posted this in one of your other threads but maybe you didn't see it. When I got my OEM 18" A-Spec wheels, they came with a new sticker for the door jamb saying the new tire pressure should be 38 PSI all around. Lower profile tires definitely need more pressure. Although, if you're stretching tires, I don't know how that plays into the equation. Depending on how long you've driven on your tires with only 32/30, you might've damaged your sidewalls already.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already posted this in one of your other threads but maybe you didn't see it. When I got my OEM 18" A-Spec wheels, they came with a new sticker for the door jamb saying the new tire pressure should be 38 PSI all around. Lower profile tires definitely need more pressure. Although, if you're stretching tires, I don't know how that plays into the equation. Depending on how long you've driven on your tires with only 32/30, you might've damaged your sidewalls already.
I think I remember you saying that actually. I bumped up the psi to 36/38 and hopefully that'll improve my mpg. I've only rode them with that low of a psi for under 1000km.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.