Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the ugly wood coloring on the brown interior? Who came up with that idea?...

I really like the TSX in black, it looks so sharp. But it only comes in brown leather interior (at least in Canada). I could live with the brown leather, if it wasn't for that mother ugly wood color.

Do they not do research before they decide what color combinations to offer?
:mad:

·
Registered
97 Posts
eww das nasty lol....im pretty sure in da states it comes wit black interior....damn! brown with black? wtf?!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
lol :D i cant belive they had the best designers working on this and they agreed on that

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
Eventually there probably will be an trim kit available. Maybe you could cover it with aluminum or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya I'm thinking of that myself, get aluminum kit to cover the puke-color wood. I really like the TSX in black, so I might go for it and fork out the extra $ for a kit.

You guys know any way to complain to Acura? They need to know what people think about these things so they can improve the color choices.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I dont think they even care for what we think.. they only care if no one buys :D

G

·
I just test drove the TSX and I actually like the wood trim, especially with the parchment leather interior (red exterior).... oh, and no I don't have a puke fetish. :eek:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
knip21 said:
I just test drove the TSX and I actually like the wood trim, especially with the parchment leather interior (red exterior).... oh, and no I don't have a puke fetish. :eek:
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!! are you gonna get the tsx? what did you think of the suspension?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Knip. Didn't mean to imply you have any kind of fetish ;) . I guess it shows how different people's tastes can be. Which is the more reason for Acura to provide options, wood or aluminum trims, you're paying so much for the car you should be able to pick the trim you like.

I will come back to reality eventually...:rolleyes:

G

·
My wife and I really love the TSX because it satisfies her needs of a comfortable ride as well as a comfortable and luxurious interior. I really love the navi and all the other gadgets that come with it (calculator, calendar, etc.).

We are planning on test driving the A4 1.8T and the Saab 9-3 Vector, but we pretty much planning on getting the TSX.

I like the TSX's suspension especially since we are planning to take the car on road trips (LA to Vegas/San Diego/Santa Barbara/San Francisco/Palm Springs).

It's gonna be about a year before we get into one:( ... can't wait:)

·
Axing The Trolls
32 Posts
knip21 said:

We are planning on test driving the A4 1.8T and the Saab 9-3 Vector, but we pretty much planning on getting the TSX.
I just test drived Audi 1.8T, TSX and SaaB9-3 Arc on the same afternoon (to make sure i remember well). I decided the TSX wins it.

The Audi is nice tough, but i found the engine to be a little on the limit (prolly I'm spoiled by the same engine in my lightier Jetta), but the interior is top-class and this car is build strong , would prolly had get it anyway if it was not for the price tag (with the options I wanted)

Saab 9-3 was fun to drive, plenty of power and torque, but I found the steering to be a little too soft and imprecise to my taste, plus the whole interior looks a little bit on the cheap side, which is not really what you expect with the price tag it gets. Just wait to use the flasher (beware not to tear the little arm....). Plus reliability was a major concern for me with this car.

The TSX on the other hands was very fun to drive, not as much torque than the Saab 9-3 , but definitly more "prime" than the A4 1.8t, the steering was precise, the ride was smooth, tough you don't feel your car as "strong" as in the Audi (german cars rocks for that).

So IMHO for what you get for this price the TSX wins it hand-down. It's like a jack-of-all-trade

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the nice analysis Jackzod. I actually did buy the black TSX, been driving it for a couple of weeks and I love it. I even got used to the puke wood, the beige interior looks luxury and sporty at the same time.

I didn't drive the A4 and TSX back to back, but from what I remember from when I drove the a4 (a year ago), I agree with you it isn't as quick as the TSX, but somehow it feels strong and sure-footed. I'm sure the quattro has something to do with it, but I think it's just that german blood.

I went with TSX mainly for reliability and price. You can't beat the Acura value.

... still though, I parked beside a black a4 a couple of days ago, and I kept looking at the two cars and wondered.... wish I could have both
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts