Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have read a few posts on Pullies and might consider this mod. However, everything I have read on the matter is for the UR setup. If I do this mod I would NOT like for an UR setup and just stock. Which, I am thinking from my readings that it is a SC setup that I am looking for. However, is that correct and what would be the gain with light weight pullies with stock sizing? The last question I have is will the OEM belt still work with the stock size pullies? LMK

TIA

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Well, I have read a few posts on Pullies and might consider this mod. However, everything I have read on the matter is for the UR setup. If I do this mod I would NOT like for an UR setup and just stock. Which, I am thinking from my readings that it is a SC setup that I am looking for. However, is that correct and what would be the gain with light weight pullies with stock sizing? The last question I have is will the OEM belt still work with the stock size pullies? LMK

TIA
i'm a bit confused with your first 3-4 sentences.

if you're getting the 3-pulley kit from UR that includes the stock sized diameter crank pulley, you can probably run the standard sized stock belt.

if you're getting a kit with the UR underdrive pulleys (includes the non-stock size crank pulley), you'll need to run a cr-v or rsx-s belt.

both will spin faster from the reduced weight (think the latter would be faster as the diameter of the crank is smaller).

i've never seen anyone use UR pulleys on a SC application, although i guess it would work if you're using all the stock diameter lightweight UR pulleys. but for the SC you'd really have to consider what size blower pulley to use depending on how much boost you want to run.

maybe i'm wrong with the details here? btw, i'm not endorsing the use of stock diameter UR pulleys with a SC. i'm just thinking that there isn't a reason why it wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm a bit confused with your first 3-4 sentences.

if you're getting the 3-pulley kit from UR that includes the stock sized diameter crank pulley, you can probably run the standard sized stock belt.

if you're getting a kit with the UR underdrive pulleys (includes the non-stock size crank pulley), you'll need to run a cr-v or rsx-s belt.

both will spin faster from the reduced weight (think the latter would be faster as the diameter of the crank is smaller).

i've never seen anyone use UR pulleys on a SC application, although i guess it would work if you're using all the stock diameter lightweight UR pulleys. but for the SC you'd really have to consider what size blower pulley to use depending on how much boost you want to run.

maybe i'm wrong with the details here? btw, i'm not endorsing the use of stock diameter UR pulleys with a SC. i'm just thinking that there isn't a reason why it wouldn't work.
My understanding for all SC TSX to use stock sizing (UR or Ralco) and that is why they are made to be used with a SC setup. Most have the underdrive UR pulley set for non-SC TSX's, but my story is I do not drive the car enough to support an underdrive pulley set. 1 year of driving and I placed 7K on the car...Would like to lower the weight without having to worry about power from the alt. for AC and battery.

BTW a SC is in the cards, but only at 100K or car is PIF.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i've been running with UR underdrive pulleys for a few years now. my car is an 07 with like 38-39K on it.

i've never experienced any A/C or battery issues. concern stems from having a non-stock audio system in your car, one that would require more voltage. i think UR explains all the thresholds for that kind of stuff on their website, ie. max voltage allowed, etc...i wouldn't worry about it. i've never read of anyone having issues either, and those TSX's have been running the UR's even longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts