Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks...if you have experience with these mods please chime in...please no discussion on how O2 sensors work...:)

I have DIY CAI/K&N and Hondata reflash and an ETD. Looking at more basic engine performance mods without going too crazy. I will be staying emissions compliant. Considering the overdrive/underdrive pulleys are $200 + $75 install, and a CT header is about $500 + $0 (me) install...

Which would be the better mod to do next, considering the performance gains and price?

Thanks!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I'd say the pulleys are a better bang for your buck. You'll feel the car go quicker in 1st and 2nd gear, it's cheaper, and it (theoretically) improves MPG.

·
5,036 Posts
I heard, it will make your AC less efficient with the pulleys
i havent had anything to complain about my ac and i use it all year round

·
5,036 Posts

·
5,036 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Header paired with High Flow Cat otherwise i think you'll bottle neck, is that right? If not get the pulleys and save the 75 for something else install is really really simple man,should only take like 1-2 hours tops especially if you can get another set of hands. NO AC issues here either.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i have both and i'd vote header. the pulley's are nice, but having the car breathe better is probably the more desirable benefit. adding an intake, hi-flow cat, etc... will add to that overall.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Why would you loose cooling in the a/c?
I was speaking on behalf of my personal experience, but the theory is that the Alternator underdrive pulley is causing the A/C to lose some electrical power(Sacrifice electricity for lighter weight and lower mass rotation).

Now if OP wants to use only the UR crank pulley, then I cant say if he will lose cool a/c air or not since I have not tested it myself. My guess would be he would not lose any A/C cool air if he decide not to install the Alternator Underdrive.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
header hands down. see if you can jump in on that group guy.

header, along with pulleys, offer the highest hp per dollar spent. but if you had to pick one, definately the header.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts