Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there are any better pulley systems or some other easy bolt ons in devolopment for the TSX, Pulleys would probibly be easy as hell though, you could probibly do it yourself, with where they are located, (Cant reach the AC one but u dont need to replace that one really)

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
I looked into this before too. I couldnt find any aftermarket pulleys available. I dont believe that any are on the market as of now.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that im aware of....does anyone know of this, maybe someone who has it in development or something?....or some other pulleys that work on the K20A motor?...Still somewhat learning about working on cars, But to my knolage pulleys should be an easy mod, with nice gains...

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Agreed, would like to learn some info on this topic :thumbsup:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
really?! whered you get them from, and did you notice any gains from it?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There are actually quite minimal to significantly no real benefits in changing to a lighter pulley on a street setup NA car unlike a street setup forced induction car. If anything, it may become a problem if not installed properly. I'd strictly advise sticking with the OEM pulleys.

·
Shift_ Poor
64 Posts
Noel said:
There are actually quite minimal to significantly no real benefits in changing to a lighter pulley on a street setup NA car unlike a street setup forced induction car. If anything, it may become a problem if not installed properly. I'd strictly advise sticking with the OEM pulleys.
Yep, pretty much sums it up. Also the RSX guys and EP3 guys had many threads on how they are not a good mod on our cars. I forgot the details, but do remember something like not doing anything and our stock pulleys were fine.

IMO save your money for another mod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Triz said:
really?! whered you get them from, and did you notice any gains from it?
yeah the engine's more free reving and the pick up has improved and not as sluggish as before especially between 1000rpm to 4000rpm range

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
MyK24A said:
yeah the engine's more free reving and the pick up has improved and not as sluggish as before especially between 1000rpm to 4000rpm range
I wished you had dyno proof of this, but its a little late now. Where did you get it from and for how much? Im just curious since i havent seen one before for the tsx.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MyK24A said:

Hi K24A

Where did you get it from ? Didn't know unorthdox has an application for us...

Thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds sweet k24, so where and how much? + install do it urself or if u got it installed how much

·
Chemical User
19 Posts
If you are going to go to all that trouble, just get your flywheel machined. This will do more for response then your pulley's could ever do. You can upgeade your clutch while you are there. Custom jobbie of course. Just because you can't get one off the shelf, doesn't mean it can't be done.

G

·
K24A, are you using RSX pullies? Also a lightened flywheel will get you better engine response but its a little more involved than swapping out pullies. Also if you're into drag you may not want to lightened your flywheel.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump..

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
i like bumps

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sheer hope that K24A remembers and responds....just wondering how he has pulleys

1 - 20 of 77 Posts