Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the owner convinced their insurance company to total this car because of a YSA problem and not because of any flood. There were many undamaged papers in the car like the Owner's Manuals and a proof f insurance that had 5 cars listed (some top models). So they were able to convince the insurance company that they were a good customer. The car showed no signs of any water inside the car and just looked very dirty. I found no water anywhere. It started right up. 104K miles.

Only problems were one headlight high beam out, passenger door power lock inop, and out of date NAV. I got the car for $2150 + fees, transportation to my home - $3,100. Total with repairs, tax, registration etc. is now $4,100. I found a rebuilt (year wty) YSA Control Module for $179.99 total from carpartsource.com and a power door unit for $21.05 total from carparts.com.

The car drives and looks great. Plan to give it to my granddaughter at her birthday.

IMG_20191112_080920.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone concerned about FLOOD damage with fresh water as long as it doesn't get inside the interior or in the engine or trans you are OK. Cars are made to drive in heavy rain, so the outside is designed to handle water.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way the $4,100 includes changing all the liquids, filters, polish, wax, and replaced the brake pads for all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the way the $4,100 includes changing all the liquids, filters, polish, wax, and replaced the brake pads for all 4 wheels.
If you engine oil or other fluids looked like a milkshake, then you would know if it was truly under any water.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you engine oil or other fluids looked like a milkshake, then you would know if it was truly under any water.
Of course that is the first thing I checked before purchase. Now have almost 1000 miles on it and runs great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to check for salvage cars, and other salvage stuff, in your are check COPART.COM .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts