Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a beautiful Integra parked in Manhattan today (W. 74th St.), purple or violet or something like that. In perfect shape too. I was walking along and in a real hurry and stuff :D but I had to stop and look. I don't do that very often for a car. Chicks yes :D but not cars.

I've never seen any Acura in that color before. I wonder if it was a "mod."
Anybody know if Integras ever came in a color like that?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
sounds like your talking about Super Sonic Blue Pearl. It came on the gsrs (can't remember what years)
not my car

If it's not that color it was custom.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
ok she tells me they came on the 98 and 99s

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tony4311 said:
sounds like your talking about Super Sonic Blue Purple. It came on the gsrs (can't remember what years)
not my car

If it's not that color it was custom.
If you mean the car that appears on the page that comes up right away, that's not it. The color showing up there looks really like just blue to me, very similar to the Arctic Blue TSX. This one was a definite violet-purple, probably closer to violet.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
guess what.....thats the same car :confused: super sonic blue purple flips between blue and purple depending on the angle and light :D It's a pretty sweet color. That picture and more are in that imagestation album

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
my friend has a super sonic blue teg too.:cool:

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
my friend has a super sonic blue teg too.:cool:

GREAT pics, AC!

And well done, Tony -- ya got me!

Those pics from AC really tell the story, although I must admit it's a shocker that what looked so violet out on the street can look so "Arctic Blue" in some of the pics.
AC's pics really show the difference between the two colors though.

....and the Teg really does look different in AC's two pics of it. The top one looks blue, the bottom one looks violet.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EPD Hater said:
There was a purple color called Dark Violet Pearl, which is what Tony4311 linked...a very uncommon GS-R color :)
Thanks! You mean specifically on the Integra?

BTW are we gonna find out what EPD is? :reading:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
EPD Hater said:
There was a purple color called Dark Violet Pearl, which is what Tony4311 linked...a very uncommon GS-R color :)
It's called Super Sonic Blue Pearl like I posted :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tony, I wonder if he might be right.....
(i.e. that Dark Violet Pearl is another color)

I googled this phrase:

Integra "Dark Violet Pearl"

....and 33 matches came up, with the exact phrase "Dark Violet Pearl."

FWIW here's what the first google page looks like:

*Web* Results 1 - 10 of about 33 for integra "dark violet pearl". (0.27 seconds)*

October 1999
... All Integra automatic transmissions receive enhancements to improve shift quality. ... on
the rear deck, GS-R coupes are available in "Dark Violet Pearl" and there ...
www.satoauto.com/october.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar*pages

Honda-Tech.com: She's Alive!
... The **** '00 Dark Violet Pearl GS-R Turbo -- PSIONARA 13.518 @ 104.31 mph on stock ... Forums
». ...
www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820793 - 55k - Cached - Similar*pages

Honda-Tech.com: Who has best front lip for S2.
... with sensors, wiring, and clock spring -- $100 shipped Wanted: Integra LS Mesh ... IMPORT
TECH PROFILE RACING 2000 Dark Violet Pearl turbo gsr *RIP* 1995 Teal ...
www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=803409 - 59k - Cached - Similar*pages
[ More results from www.honda-tech.com ]

used ford trucks orlando florida
... www.sellme.com/automall.html Florida Used Cars, trucks and motorcycles Florida Used
Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles 2000 Acura Integra GS-R. Dark Violet Pearl. ...
www.lowestpricedusedvehicles.com/ used-ford-trucks-orlando-florida.html - 12k - Cached - Similar*pages

Acura : Integra
... Selling a excellent conditioned 2000 Dark Violet Pearl(Rare color only 12% of
2000 GSR's had this color) Acura Integra GSR 2dr. Coupe w/ 41000 miles. ...
www.historyofcars-a.com/items/2474848710.html - 6k - Cached - Similar*pages

Car Projects
Car Projects Current Project: 2000 Integra GSR Color: Dark Violet Pearl,
PB76P Engine: B18C1 Chassis: DC2 Pics: Mods: AEM Cold Air ...
www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/apaganet/CarProjects.html - 4k - Cached - Similar*pages

"New Wheels" - Commentary by Tony Seton
... Me, I got a dark violet pearl slightly souped-up model of the same car I’ve been
driving for the past three years. It’s an Integra coupe, made by Acura. ...
www.tonyseton.com/SetonnoteS/ TXT2001/olderTXT/newcar.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar*pages

welcome to MarkDaSPARKnotes...anything and everything mark :p
... 2000 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback. stock specs: -B18C1 engine: 1.8L, 4 ... torque @ 6200
RPM -close ratio 5-speed manual transmission -dark violet pearl (yeah yeah ...
www.angelfire.com/ma4/markeemark/carpics.html - 33k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar*pages

Florida Used Cars, trucks and motorcycles
. Florida Used Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles. Acura. 2000 Acura Integra GS-R. 30k
miles. Dark Violet Pearl. Leather,CD, moonroof, alloy wheels, rear spoiler. ...
www.carsweek.com/flstate.htm - 24k - Cached - Similar*pages

Mark's Journal
... The color is Dark Violet Pearl Metallic. it has many variations throughout the day
and at night it looks black. Im still trying to sell my 1995 Integra LS if ...
www.livejournal.com/users/redteg26/ - 44k - Cached - Similar*pages

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
The dark violet blue was only made for one year. Availible on the '00 gsr (I had to look up the year, it's even more rare then the ssbp) so that could've been the color you saw also.The ones that have the color flip to them are the '98, '99 gsr's Super Sonic Blue Pearl (commonly just typed as sspb for another google search) color code B-90P.

couple threads.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=833539

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=750923 (theres a pic on the 2nd page of this one that really shows the purple)

guess we have no way to know which one you saw :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm betting it was the one that EPD said.
I was never really convinced that the other color looked like what I saw, but I realized it was possible.

BTW I wasn't very scientific about that "google research" -- I shoulda also looked how many matches come up for Integra Super Sonic Blue Pearl.
FWIW, it's only 24. If you combine SuperSonic into 1 word (which google suggests), you get 72 more. So it looks like both "SSBP" (which is what I think Tony meant, rather than SSPB but who's counting :D ) and "DVP" were Integra colors.

Also BTW, Integra SSBP gives 117 matches.
Integra SSPB -- 5 matches.
Integra DVP -- thousands, but it's something else.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
doh yeah it's ssbp.

·
New TSX Owner
14 Posts
Regardless, they're both beautiful colors! Oh, and EPD stands for...

[are you ready for this one?]

Elderly People Driving

This name has stuck with me for years after a college speech class speech I did on getting old-folk off the road if they can't drive.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
lol good s/n

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EPD Hater said:
Regardless, they're both beautiful colors! Oh, and EPD stands for...

[are you ready for this one?]

Elderly People Driving
Right, right, right!!!!!!

Larchmont, who is in Florida right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely a SSBP Integra you saw in NY. I had one -- actually TWO -- a '98 GS-R that disappeared from my work parking lot --while I was inside working -- four months after I got it. Replaced it with a '99 gee-zer -- same SSBP color -- ok, call me crazy. Thankfully was able to hold onto that one for 4+ years. Always had to be careful where I left it though. That car, in that color, attracted A LOT of attention -- both good and bad. Anyway, my point is that EVERYONE thought the car was purple -- from the day I bought it! Under lights at night, the purple just popped! It was a helluva factory paint job -- and turned lots of heads.

I used to miss that car -- until I replaced it with my '04 TSX.

Speaking of which, I mentioned on this site a few weeks back a rattle/ticking noise coming from the rear deck of the car . After some unsuccessful attempts with my dealer, I called Acura Cust. Svc. They took immediate notice of my complaint, and located a dealer in my area that they claimed could fix the problem. The rattle was identified in the rear strut tower -- as has been noted before on this site -- and although it took 1 1/2 days, was found and FIXED! It's gone! There are other rattles in the car -- particularly the front doors -- but they are slight. The one in the shock tower was absolutely BRUTAL. But its gone now, and I am now beginning to fully enjoy my TSX again. Amen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts