Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that this forum is not a sales only forum. Here i will be listing my LED creations for the TSX. My plan is to create a DIY for each of my projects so anyone can make them (Maybe not taillights).

I will find the cheapest solution for all of my projects, if you happen to find an even cheaper way, use it! And let us know too.

I am just a regular guy who has a hobby, in this case I love working with LEDS and electronics so whatever i can do to make the TSX even more cooler I'll gladly help.

So let the LEDification begin!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
sound good ! :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Sweet sounds good... Any plans in particular your thinking of (besides the taillights)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
Have you thought about turning the reflectors in our bumpers into LEDs?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My Current plans are to etch my own boards for the Door lights (you may have seen an example of which in my taillight thread, if not look below) So it will be much easier to "mass produce".

2nd, i have ordered some cheap LED Clusters which i will fashion into some Trunk lights. (should be a sub 10$ project) My intention is to have 3-5 clusters in the trunk so it is fully lighted. The reason i ordered clusters is because i found them very cheap so everyone can do it. If i were to make my own for everyone it would be a bit more pricey.

After that, I will work on the more complex things, easiest being 3rd Brake light then either tails or converting our amber parking light in the Headlights to LED.

If you can notice, I'm a bit afraid of starting the tails again, why?

We have 6 Circles in our rears, 3 on each side for brake, park lights and reverse, not to mention the turn signals so that is a lot of work and wiring if i were to change out all of the areas. At first i might just LEDify the actual brake lights only and work from their but we will see.

After trying to do the Tails i know see why companies charge so much, or atleast why no one does cheap TSX led retros. We have 3 times the amount a G35 has....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember a while back someone suggested that, and then someone stated that passing the wires would be a b*tch (would need to drill into skirt, bumper and others) and that there isn't much space their either.

Pacemaker_Guy said:
Have you thought about turning the reflectors in our bumpers into LEDs?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Guys,

Once step at a time. Give Vivek the opportunity to realize and produce one product at a time. After all, this is his hobby and he is using all is available free time to make relevant products for the TSX.

Regards,
Noel

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
I know, I just wanted to just spit out my idea. I didn't want to ruin his social life by asking to creat the concept of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts