• Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of you who don't know what Pwn2Own is, its a hacker contest that is supported by big manufacturers because they get to test their products. Hackers win by finding vulnerabilities in the products. They get free stuff like laptops, phones, etc and usually $10k+. The manufacturers can then take those exploits and create fixes for them, so everyone wins.

Pwn2Own - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Engadget, Google Chrome has yet to be successfully hacked, while internet explorer 8, safari, and firefox has all been hacked in one way or another (it took 5 seconds to crack safari).

I've always been a fan of the Chrome browser and this is yet another reason why I use Chrome. What browser do you guys use?

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Opera, but I might give chrome a shot again. I tried it when it first came out, and I thought it was terrible. Uninstalled right away.
I still need to give opera a try. What didnt you like about chrome? i think it has come a long way from first being released. I really like how chrome sandboxed flash, seeing how there are so many flash exploits nowadays.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Trying something new is always hard to do especially when it's something you use on a regular basis. I didn't like chrome either but it was the speed of loading pages that kept me going back to chrome. Now I'm used to it and would not use anything else.

·
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Trying something new is always hard to do especially when it's something you use on a regular basis. I didn't like chrome either but it was the speed of loading pages that kept me going back to chrome. Now I'm used to it and would not use anything else.
thats how it went for me too. Chrome is very minimalistic and FAST. I also like how you can sync all your browser info like saved links and bookmarks with your gmail account. My bookmarks follow me wherever I go. Also, the extensions in chrome are pretty much the same as the ones in firefox now. e.g. adblocker, flash blocker, etc.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've been using Chrome for a long time now. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes certain webpages don't load up correctly or load at all. When ever I run into these problems, I'll usually hop over to Firefox and it loads up fine.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I've been using Chrome for a long time now. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes certain webpages don't load up correctly or load at all. When ever I run into these problems, I'll usually hop over to Firefox and it loads up fine.
I know what you mean though. I get those crashes sometimes too.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
well as a web developer chrome is amazing, i love it.

IE blows if anyone uses it just stop and pick something else other than IE.

I hate mozilla and opera just because you need to use webkits for them(google it if you dont know:p) and they both seem very bloaty and slow moving.

Safari is close to chrome AFTER it opens, i dont have any issues with compatibly with safari.

Think of it this way, Google...masters of the web, i think we all agree on that. if they are masters of the web, dont you think they would and do make the best browser for viewing the web?

Chrome views websites and renders html and css better than anyother browser. programming for it is so easy it makes my job better.

Yes it is fairly stripped down but addons can help bring some life to the browser.

My final statement: Chrome, Safari, Opera, Moz, IE in that order:)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i used to use IE just cuz it came with the computer..it wasnt untill recently i decided to switch to chrome cuz my gf urged me to. although i hate to admit it, it is a lot faster

·
Registered
123 Posts
Was using Firefox til about a year ago...switched to Chrome and never looked back.

Explorer is junk. Always hated it. It's still on my wife's computer and when I need to use it, I always loathe using that browser. It's abysmal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts