Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here a few pictures of my car.
Not a pro at photography, just a Nikon point and shoot camera.
Enjoy!

Brief Modlist:
Mugen full lip kit
19" Volk Racing TE-37 matte black
Falken FK-452 tires
Espelir lowering springs
J's Racing 60RS titanium catback
Honda Access Front Grill
Honda Access Window Visors
Rear Honda and EuroR badges
6000k D2S
T1R Magnetic Drain Bolt
T1R test pipe
Interior Lighting LED panels (6000k)
Super White License plate lights and reverse lights

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Do you have any better day shots?

Looks good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the kind words and complements.

Will definitely post up daytime pictures for the next photoshoot.

I was thinking of the Megan EZ coilovers with 15 level adjustment.
However, I was told that the rear coilovers must be grinded an inch to make it fit the TSX.
Otherwise, that is a very economical coilover kit for only $650 shipped. Plus, it is a monotube shock.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!
I think matte black finish is quite popular in Japan, which you see Volk Racing and Advan (Yokohama Japan) wheels using that finish for VR G2 series and Advan RS-D and many more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's probably it for the exterior/appearance mods.

I might save up for some performance mods next time around, like pulleys, Hondata and header.

The problem I have no is that mysterious steering wheel shake when accelerating and at 70mph cruising. It shakes like crazy. After looking at a sticky thread on the common shaking problem and having replaced brake rotors, front axles, and re-balanced the tires, the problem is still there. So I am kinda debating if I should keep or sell the car. If I can find the root cause and fix it, I don't mind keeping the TSX. It's a very good car overall. =)

Thanks for all the complements =)

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
That's probably it for the exterior/appearance mods.

I might save up for some performance mods next time around, like pulleys, Hondata and header.

The problem I have no is that mysterious steering wheel shake when accelerating and at 70mph cruising. It shakes like crazy. After looking at a sticky thread on the common shaking problem and having replaced brake rotors, front axles, and re-balanced the tires, the problem is still there. So I am kinda debating if I should keep or sell the car. If I can find the root cause and fix it, I don't mind keeping the TSX. It's a very good car overall. =)

Thanks for all the complements =)
Kind of a silly solution, but make sure all the lugs are torqued to spec. Have you locked up your tires recently? Flat spotting your tires will definitely have the side effect youre describing. Also, make sure your wheels are hubcentric. You might need some adapters to make them sit tightly against the center bore of your hub. Tough to tell from the pics, but I also looks like you might be using the OEM lug nuts on your volks. If that's the case, the OE lugs are acorn style and you need tapered lug nuts to prevent the lugs from working them selves loose. Seems like there could be several quick fixes you need to explore before you sell off your investment.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1qwkCL9: Thanks for the heads-up. I actually had this problem even with stock wheels and stock ride height. Now that I replaced the front axles and the problem still persist, I am going to look into the motor mounts and some say it could possibly be the transmission.
I know for a fact that my 05 AT transmission has a problem. It's got a whining noise and you can hear it just by standing in front of the car or by the side front fenders.
I am thinking if the vibration is caused by the transmission. However, the steering wheel shake occurs at every gear, but not at certain gears. Say when I accelerate hard to pass, the wheel shakes throughout the whole RPM regardless of the car. At cruising speed on highways, the shaking continues. The shaking, however, is not that noticeable from deadstop to city speed limit. By once you merge on the freeway and pick up speed, the shaking gets worse and worse.

I am reluctant to bring it into Acura for them check. Most of the time they will say they don't know what's wrong, or will suggest replacing parts that may not fix the problem, and also charge insane diagnostic fees.

I will probably get a mechanic friend to look at motor mounts and maybe try to pin point what is causing the vibration. It is indeed very hard to find a solution to vibration, as it can be caused by a number of things. I guess it will just be a process of elimination.

Thanks for the help and suggestions =)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts