Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in search of a used PWP right now and am finding that all of them that I see seem to have paint defects from small rust spots to rust speckles, to doors/hoods/bumpers that don't match bordering parts or yellowish discolorations (fairly large areas). None have said that they have had body work done to account for the difference in paint.

Has anyone else had these problems with their PWP or noticed the same problems? Should I be looking for a different color to avoid these issues?

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
I bought mine used and didn't really have this as a major problem.

The thing is that when the PWP ages the white becomes a little yellow. So if anyone ever has body work (even at a good shop) the paint will have a tendency to not match the original paint. Make sure you get a carfax so they are not lying about a major accident.

As for the rust, I guess you're just finding all the people that don't take care of their car but you should be able to use it as a good bargaining chip. If the paint is bad enough have them lower their price enough for your to get a paint job out of it (Dealer paint is a couple thousand).

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
Check the little "speckles" closely, it may just be small bits of tar stuck on to the paint. Try getting a bit of soap and a micro fiber towel and rub at the area and see if it disappears. If it does, that car just needs a good Clay Bar'ing and it'll be as good as new.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,459 Posts
Check the little "speckles" closely, it may just be small bits of tar stuck on to the paint. Try getting a bit of soap and a micro fiber towel and rub at the area and see if it disappears. If it does, that car just needs a good Clay Bar'ing and it'll be as good as new.
a very good clay barring. took me 3 hours of claybarring to get most of the rest spots off.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
It could be rock chips on the hood. They tend to rust if they are not treated in a reasonable amount of time, especially in snowy climates.

My hood looks like its lightly polka dotted from the chips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts