Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a TSX in the next few months, but a little torn between what colour to get--either the "safe" Silver or "classy" White.

I've heard that white, contrary to popular belief actually hides dirt well, have you found that to be true? Also, I plan to keep the TSX for a long time, do you think the white will age well (style-wise) and not look too gaudy/rotty down the road?

Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It hide dirt pretty well just don't go up close to it. Silver is safe but way too common from where I live. Its just a shame we can't order the PWP with the ebony.

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
tariq said:
I'm looking at getting a TSX in the next few months, but a little torn between what colour to get--either the "safe" Silver or "classy" White.

I've heard that white, contrary to popular belief actually hides dirt well, have you found that to be true? Also, I plan to keep the TSX for a long time, do you think the white will age well (style-wise) and not look too gaudy/rotty down the road?

Thanks!

whites a great color

HOWEVER

parchment interior = :rolling_e

the tan dash with wood trim and TOP of dash black = :squint:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Type X said:
whites a great color

HOWEVER

parchment interior = :rolling_e

the tan dash with wood trim and TOP of dash black = :squint:

I know what you mean. On the outside it hide out dirty pretty well....but on the inside thats a another story. you people with the Ebony are lucky!

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Bob Shiftright said:
Last time I was in the tropics I noticed that almost all of the cars were light colors, particularly white.

Since white reflects the most light it is physically the coolest color.

Another reason I've been buying white cars for years is that some years ago Mercedes published a study of car colors and determined that white was the most visible solid color under most weather conditions. Again, because it reflects the most light. This is obviously not an issue if your car is the only car on the road or you think your car is the only car on the road but I want to be as visible as possible to the drumthwacket in the 6000 pound SUV who's yammering on her cell phone or screaming at her kiddies.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ebony leather does not wear as well as the parchment, had both in many cars and the ebony show the lines more and get old looking faster the the lighter color....oh and it looks classy...the silver is nice, but most luxury cars look better in lighter colors... just my thoughts boys... don't flame me.... oh never thought i would like PWP but i do!!!!!!

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I love my white car....I bought it because I thought it was classy and would not go out of style. Also I LOVE the parchment interior. I like the tricolor layout and the seats. Since I am moving to Florida, my ass will burn on black or grey seats! It is harder to keep clean though!

N

·
0 Posts
The white is nice but I don't like the parchment interior. It's too light, gets dirty fast and looks yellow. If you could get the white with darker brown or black interior it would be perfect. Silver is too common, but looks nice anyway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
CyberGypsy said:
Ebony leather does not wear as well as the parchment, had both in many cars and the ebony show the lines more and get old looking faster the the lighter color....oh and it looks classy...the silver is nice, but most luxury cars look better in lighter colors... just my thoughts boys... don't flame me.... oh never thought i would like PWP but i do!!!!!!
I wanted ABP with the Ebony interior but there wasn't one availble at the time. And yes I agree, White is very nice but the parchment leather can wear out very easily. I had my car for 3 months and the lower cushion of my seat is already showing some cracks and lines. I can't really prevent this because everytime I enter/exit the car my ass slide down into the seat thus rubbing the lower part. I have to grab on to the grib bar to pull myself up and then exit the car. This is very annoying...at this rate they'll be major wear on the leather by the end of the year. Anyone care to comment on how to pervent this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
DateTSX said:
I wanted ABP with the Ebony interior but there wasn't one availble at the time. And yes I agree, White is very nice but the parchment leather can wear out very easily. I had my car for 3 months and the lower cushion of my seat is already showing some cracks and lines. I can't really prevent this because everytime I enter/exit the car my ass slide down into the seat thus rubbing the lower part. I have to grab on to the grib bar to pull myself up and then exit the car. This is very annoying...at this rate they'll be major wear on the leather by the end of the year. Anyone care to comment on how to pervent this?
My dealer replaces the seat if it wears to early, they welcome warranty work, had the drivers side done, 1 year old and having the pass. side done too, no because of wear, but while making the car, they use markers on the back of the leather, mine started to come through on the seam on the drivers seat...looks like a faint blue line

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
After a bit more consideration and looking at pics, I think I'm going to stick with the safer and more common silver. It still looks good in SSM, hides dirt the best, and with white, I'd hate to have an ugly ratty looking car (look at 5+ year old white cars, or is it just me?).

IMO white on older cars makes them look even older, whereas silver (and black) are more future proof. Anyone agree/disagree, I'd like your input. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
tariq said:
After a bit more consideration and looking at pics, I think I'm going to stick with the safer and more common silver. It still looks good in SSM, hides dirt the best, and with white, I'd hate to have an ugly ratty looking car (look at 5+ year old white cars, or is it just me?).

IMO white on older cars makes them look even older, whereas silver (and black) are more future proof. Anyone agree/disagree, I'd like your input. :)
Nope its how you care for your car, get what you want...silver is toooo comman...and black get ratty faster....every nick and streak will show, I have had a few black cars..my rx8 was the last, never again...good luck on whatever you choose :jump:

·
Registered
97 Posts
as for older black, they age the same, silver is safe but do you really want to be safe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts