Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mayuga recommended I put this here, as I’m not selling, and it is not a standard GB. Ed_423 and a few others noted this on *********, I bought the last 2, but then they got batch in, now on eBay priced at $200.
They are Grigio, they say ’09 thru ’12? I have ’10 and yet to install, but perfect color match. FYI, pics of the two I received below.
They have listed at $200, but if you call or email Wade, he’ll sell at $180, probably push for $175 if ship a few together… and that’s the ‘quasi’ GB… Shipping is the killer on these, cost me $200, so you SoCal or NYC Grigo guys should coordinate a group shipment. You’ll see by one pic you could get 6+ of these on the pallet.
Wade emailed shipping: WI, IL, MN, IA, ND, SD, NB or St. Louis Metro is only $35, but anywhere east of Rockies $125, west of Rockies $150… but a pallet is only $150 east of Rockies, $200 west of Rockies. Three or four of you coordinate (and he should have enough now) and that is $50 down to $30 each for shipping? Make sure the pallet goes to a business, or that’s $+40.
WADE
ALPHA AUTOMOTIVE INC
3980 VELP AVENUE
GREEN BAY WI 54313
888-371-3050 / 920-434-0772 (x104)
OPEN 8-5 CST M-F
[email protected]

Attachments

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Such a great price for OEM painted parts. I wonder why these bumpers for 2nd gen are cheaper than lips for 04-08. The rear lips for 1st gen is around 260-270 shipped. You guys are lucky.

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Such a great price for OEM painted parts. I wonder why these bumpers for 2nd gen are cheaper than lips for 04-08. The rear lips for 1st gen is around 260-270 shipped. You guys are lucky.
They aren't. Part on ones I received is 08P02-TL2-230B BUMPER, RR. SPORT *NH736M* (GRIGIO METALLIC). On Acurapartswarehouse.com they list at $673.35, sell online there for $494.46 + 188.06 (to UT) Temecula Acura is better at $480 + $80 shipping (CA to UT).

BTW, this website says 2009 to 2011 (not 2012 like eBay listing says) and then they show trim packs for 2009 and 2010... so I am no expert if this will fit 2011 or 2012. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
it will fit 2009-2012

however, the color is only available in 2009-2010.

grigio on azine bought this and said there were scratches and scuffs on his, how is the condition on yours?

i really want to pick this up. even with shipping it will be $300, still less than what acura sells it for.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
wait, did i read that right? you bought the last 2???

what are you going to do with the other one haha. ship it to socal for cheap :)

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will fit 2009-2012

however, the color is only available in 2009-2010.

grigio on azine bought this and said there were scratches and scuffs on his, how is the condition on yours?

i really want to pick this up. even with shipping it will be $300, still less than what acura sells it for.
The two rears are near perfect, as I can tell. Got on Monday and immediately unwrapped one - didn't notice any scratches. The eBay post says 'scratches... they should buff out..." but not on the rears I received. The front has some minor scratches, but it was not in wrapping. Maybe he got the one they had unwrapped and then moved around the warehouse?

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wait, did i read that right? you bought the last 2???

what are you going to do with the other one haha. ship it to socal for cheap :)
Yea, as soon as I bought my TSX 6 weeks ago, I've been looking for the A Spec rear, sides and deck lid. Then I saw these on eBay, there were 3 rears and 2 fronts... one of each sold. Found out shipping was going to be $200 no matter what, so bought the remaining. Didn't know if color would match, but knew price was right, so willing to paint. Then later when I asked about what else he could get, he said getting last batch, over dozen, of rears only, same color. So thought I would share.

I'm going to sell the rear spoilers (Polished Metal), 2nd rear (Grigio) and may sell front (Glacier Blue)... but PITA to ship... so looking for someone in SLC area or Reno/Sac... I'm driving to family wedding 12/20.

You're lucky... in SoCal... so many members. See who else is interested and get a few to ship together... Wade will charge you separate, based on how many combined, just make sure you know guy they go to. Easier and cheaper than me shipping. If you're interested, don't miss... not easy or cheap to find...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Glacier blue? Sweet color. I'd like the front bumper, but I have the clear bra on my whole front end... so not really worth pulling off...

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YouTube video of rear bumper removal

FYI: Here is a YouTube video of how to replace 2nd Gen rear bumper. I saw this and decided this would be one of my first mods... hey, if Grant and his dog can do it...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktNCWcg-KMQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktNCWcg-KMQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
ah yes, hes on azine as well. very helpful video

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news - bad news

First the good news - Wade has dropped the price on the A Spec bumpers down to $150 on eBay and if you call direct, you can work out some sort of combined shipping - if anyone 2nd Gen'ers want to modify. I emailed him and informed him the bumpers need extra hardware...
Yea, that's the bad news... I went to put this on Saturday - it was quick and easy, had it off in 10 minutes - THEN NOTICED I NEEDED BRACKETS. Stupid me, forgot about that when I watched the YouTube video 1st time.
Need 4 brackets, cheapest I've found so far is $15 each... Anyone have a better source for these?
But this still is a steal for GM sport bumpers...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
damn, i know its a steal but that's such a hassle :(

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
you have front bumper sides and spoiler?

im in reno

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn if yours are in good condition....I may attempt this. part # for said brackets?
My rear bumper was in perfect condition. The nose had scratches... but it was not fully wrapped in padding, so I can see how it picked up scratches from being moved around a warehouse.

As for the extra parts needed. I've found from acuraoemparts dot com the following... bite is you need 4 each... and that adds up to almost $70 for little brackets and screws... :(
But still a steal for a grigio rear a-spec sport bumper

Brackets (need 4?) 08P02-TL0-600B4 at $14.69 ea?
Grommet (5mm) 90661-SJ8-000 at $1.39 ea.
Screw Tapping (5x20) 90103-SDA-A00 at $0.44 ea.

PS: Have not ordered brackets yet... and would love to hear if anyone else has better source

·
Enjoying the Ride-
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you have front bumper sides and spoiler?

im in reno
Have front a-spec, side spoilers and trunk lid spoiler for myself, but only extra parts I have to sell are a rear a-spec sport bumper (grigio) and an extra trunk lid spoiler (grigio). I will post those in classified, with required photos in next few days,

I'll let you know when I list it, as I am traveling to Auburn, CA on 12/21, and can pack the rear bumper...

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Have front a-spec, side spoilers and trunk lid spoiler for myself, but only extra parts I have to sell are a rear a-spec sport bumper (grigio) and an extra trunk lid spoiler (grigio). I will post those in classified, with required photos in next few days,

I'll let you know when I list it, as I am traveling to Auburn, CA on 12/21, and can pack the rear bumper...
is it the high rise spoiler or the low profile one?
let me know before you post because if your passing through reno then its a quick meet up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts