Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to kno if it was worth getting them or not.
Because I can clear out my own headlights..

my question is, do the corners of the EURO headlights have some kind of a darker/black housing? Or are they just "clear"?

So like if I was to clear my headlights out myself, would they exactly resemble EURO headlights? or would i still have some kind of difference?

Thanks to those who reply.

- Najeeb

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks! :)

Is that the average price they go for?

Also is it just me or does the projector housing look like it has a gunmetal color to it (as opposed to the chrome we have on the projectors)?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
It's kinda hard to tell by the pic. The price seems a bit high to me. I'd call around, as any shop that imports JDM goods should be able to get them for you. I'd also do a search on EBay, and see if you can find any there.
Let us know what you find :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks for that link. In my original post, thats what i meant by clearing them out myself. Cz I did it on my old Accord, so i'm not afraid to try it on the TSX hehe.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
If those are really JDM lights and not e-code lights designed for continental Europe, they will have exactly the opposite beam pattern you would need in the US (since they drive on the left in Japan).

LHD e-code headlight beam pattern (continental Europe, etc.):

I'm admittedly mixing illustrations but note that the RHD beam pattern throws most of the light to the LEFT and the LHD beam pattern throws most of the light to the RIGHT to avoid blinding oncoming drivers.

RHD (Japan and UK) headlight beam pattern:

Click for RHD vs LHD headlight patterns

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I had the JDM headlights on my 2000 Civic, and you have a very good point.
The light patterns are designed for driving on the other side of the road.
Is it a big issue? Basically your headlights will be more bright on the left, then the right (the other way around from USDM headlights). The reason headlights are designed this way, is so that you will not blind oncoming traffic.
So with the JDM headlights, as stated, the light pattern is reversed.
Not that big of an issue, but one to think about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts