Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the TSX's gas mileage so similar to the TL?

This should have been made to get 30+mpg yet only does for highway and some sites even says it only gets highway 28 or so.

04 TSX: 21/29

04 TL: 20/28

Seriously, Acura? A 2.4l/4 vs. a 3.2l/v6.

Im testing my gas mileage now in my 04 6MT...anyone have a number they've tested before?

·
Registered
332 Posts
weight, gear ratios, power needed to push said vehicle. That being said i have no problem keeping the mpgs at 30 with 60-70% highway. Its the stop and go that kills you. If i do 60-70% in town i'll be down to 24-25 mpg. It just shows the difference between a 4cyl and v6 pushing almost the same weight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
TSeXy (Acura TSX) | Fuelly
I keep track every fill up.
as you can see I only average 26MPG, which considering the car also requires premium, is a bit disappointing. Mileage is probably about half highway and half city. Just keep in mind, I am up in canada so winter driving is included in that average.

car is a 6MT with intake and header.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Averaging around 30 miles per day (45 mph average speed with stop and go), I get around 30 mpg. I'm very easy on the throttle and brakes....that is key in good fuel mileage.

Other things to do:

1. Check tire pressure. Factory specs are 30 psi front and 32 psi rear (I might have that backward). I usually run 35 psi front and rear.

2. Take all the junk out of your car. Having a trunk full of crap adds weight, and hurts fuel economy.

3. Drive easy! Coast when you can and brake lightly. Try to keep in a higher gear (without lugging the engine).

This gets me around 30 mpg (plus or minus). I hope this helps!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand the weight plays a part and this car is heavy...it's just, I don't understand how Acura can make a 4 cylinder entry level luxury car and have it just a drop better gas than their high end luxury V6 car.

For example, a 4cyl 12' Accord gets 23/34 and a 6cyl 12' Accord gets 17/26.

idk lol it's still good enough gas mileage for me, love the car still, it's just weird.

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
I have pretty spirited runs in mine on a daily basis, and according to my MPG-ometer I have yet to average any worse than 27mpg. I've also pulled 38mpg out of it on longer trips. 6mt here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drive my 06 6mt 80+ mi/day about 2/3 highway. I try to keep RPM's around 2500-3k and I average 31-32 mpg according to the ECU (more like 30-31 in real life).

I saw the 29 mpg hwy rating when I decided to buy a TSX. After doing research on actual MPG #'s on this forum, I have seen that mid 30's is not uncommon. It's all how about you maintain & drive it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had bad mpg's before i got better tires and alignment. I was getting 26.5 before then it went up like 27.7-28.5. I get around 29-30 now with 50/50 city and highway. I got around 31mpg when i went to SC, and that's with 3 passengers, luggage and rear bike rack. I thought it would be a lot better if i was alone.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Averaging around 30 miles per day (45 mph average speed with stop and go), I get around 30 mpg. I'm very easy on the throttle and brakes....that is key in good fuel mileage.

Other things to do:

1. Check tire pressure. Factory specs are 30 psi front and 32 psi rear (I might have that backward). I usually run 35 psi front and rear.

2. Take all the junk out of your car. Having a trunk full of crap adds weight, and hurts fuel economy.

3. Drive easy! Coast when you can and brake lightly. Try to keep in a higher gear (without lugging the engine).

This gets me around 30 mpg (plus or minus). I hope this helps!
+1 Very good info in this post

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you guys calculate it in your head, or is that what the "trip" meter is for?

I have an 04 6MT so how exactly would be the most accurate way to do it?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have an 04 as well. I reset my trip every time I go to the pump and calculate how many miles I traveled per gallons it took to refuel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mpg

I drive my 04 6spd. M/T 950 miles a week. 32 psi front and rear, seldom use the a/c and will consistently average 36 mpg. It seems if you have less than 31 psi in the tires you definitely pay the price. Oil changes every six weeks wit not a drop burned and the original clutch (110K miles).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.