Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum. Getting Injen CAI installed tomorrow for my TSX. A little concerned with hydrolock so I got An AEM Bypass valve...when I looked at the instructions to install AEM, AEM says that it only works with AEM intake. Is this true? The valve is same size as the Injen

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Sungtsx said:
Hi, new to this forum. Getting Injen CAI installed tomorrow for my TSX. A little concerned with hydrolock so I got An AEM Bypass valve...when I looked at the instructions to install AEM, AEM says that it only works with AEM intake. Is this true? The valve is same size as the Injen
As long as you don't drive through creeks/rivers or seriously flooded streets hydro-lock should not be an issue/concern. If you are that worried about it and the bypass does not work just convert to SRI version (your Injen is convertible between CAI or SRI). Also, do a search here...you will find many threads/posts concerning this topic.

BTW, I love my Injen CAI and I live in Georgia where when it rains it pours...no worries here. :)

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
i love my injen too! i live in vancouver, canada and it rains like everyday..haha and i've been fine

i agree with hondaman..just dont go drivin' a cross a raging river thinking you're a hummer h2 and you'll be fine 1blue1.gif

oh and btw..WELCOME! :wavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
-phase- said:
i love my injen too! i live in vancouver, canada and it rains like everyday..haha and i've been fine

i agree with hondaman..just dont go drivin' a cross a raging river thinking you're a hummer h2 and you'll be fine 1blue1.gif

oh and btw..WELCOME! :wavey:
LOL Hummer H2. :lol:

BTW, welcome to the club! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. What about when you wash your car and want to steam or spray down the engine bay? And how hard is it to replace filter and when should you replace filter?

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
Sungtsx said:
Thanks for the info. What about when you wash your car and want to steam or spray down the engine bay? And how hard is it to replace filter and when should you replace filter?
you shouldnt need to worry about it... as long as the filter isnt submerged in water.. youll be fine...

as far as replacing it.. you shouldnt need to... correct me if im wrong but the filter that comes with the injen cai is a k&n type filter... all you need to do is get yourself the k&n filter recharge kit and clean that re-oil the filter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some questions to piggyback here... does the CAI or SRI add lots of noise?

-phase-, did you get yours done at AJ Racing? Or install yourself? I am too clumsy with tools and stuff to do it myself :D How much would installation cost?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cleaning under hood w/cai and filter question

Thx all for the response..I'm not sure if the injen uses the K&N filter...would anyone else Know. If so, when do you think you should recharge and oil the filter? And I shouldn't worry about it when I spray the engine compartment with water?. (I'm not gonna soak it, but just enough to get dirt off the covers)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sungtsx said:
Thx all for the response..I'm not sure if the injen uses the K&N filter...would anyone else Know. If so, when do you think you should recharge and oil the filter? And I shouldn't worry about it when I spray the engine compartment with water?. (I'm not gonna soak it, but just enough to get dirt off the covers)
Do you mean you open up the hood to spray the engine bay with water?

I usually just use a damp cloth to wipe dirt off the surfaces in the engine bay....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05_TSX_GP said:
Do you mean you open up the hood to spray the engine bay with water?

I usually just use a damp cloth to wipe dirt off the surfaces in the engine bay....
Yes I open up the hood and spray with water. (its never hurt on other cars I've owned)... if it does hurt w/cai, using cloth makes sense. I'm getting my intake installed for $60. From what I've been reading the noise from the cai isnt obnoxious or too loud

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sungtsx said:
Yes I open up the hood and spray with water. (its never hurt on other cars I've owned)... if it does hurt w/cai, using cloth makes sense. I'm getting my intake installed for $60. From what I've been reading the noise from the cai isnt obnoxious or too loud
I don't think spraying water (CAI, SRI, or bonestock) will hurt... well, probably just try not to spray at stuff like the starter motor. Just that personally I prefer not to spray water at engine bay.

I think I'd go hear the sound with just the Injen at some local meet to see for myself :) I had an intake on an old ride ('98 Prelude), makes some noise for sure, but good type of noise and not too loud. Probably same with this on TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
You do not need to worry about washing off your engine bay...where the CAI is located very little water will get down to it. Like it has been stated already you do not need to worry about hydro-lock unless you submerge the CAI in water i.e. drive through a river. The CAI is fairly loud @ WOT, but I like it...it's quiet under normal driving conditions. Also, remember if you go SRI or CAI with a bypass you will get less gain than with a CAI setup (SRI/CAI bypass = about half the gains of CAI).

Check out my DIY webpage (its not that hard to install) the covers this topic with links to other long discussions about CAI for the TSX:
http://www.pryor-place.com/honda/TSXInjenCAI_DIY.htm

Lastly, use the search feature here to find more threads about this topic i.e. search for Injen CAI or just Injen. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
05_TSX_GP said:
Some questions to piggyback here... does the CAI or SRI add lots of noise?

-phase-, did you get yours done at AJ Racing? Or install yourself? I am too clumsy with tools and stuff to do it myself :D How much would installation cost?
neo and i did it ourselves..took us about two hours:)

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
BBgun said:
....I am just wondering is it going to avoid my warranty if I install the CAI by myself....
i dont think acura dealer would install for you and recognize the warranty since its an aftermarket part?

i think the only aftermarket company they really recognize is comptech

·
Registered
162 Posts
and...Injen CAI is sold in Toronto for 330 canadian dollars include tax...

I saw its 210 USD = 250 canadian dollars on the internet (Ultrarev.com), but not sure how much the shipping will be...anybody knows? :) thx

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
BBgun said:
and...Injen CAI is sold in Toronto for 330 canadian dollars include tax...

I saw its 210 USD = 250 canadian dollars on the internet (Ultrarev.com), but not sure how much the shipping will be...anybody knows? :) thx
ship it somewhere close to the border and then just drive down to the states and pick it up! ;)

thats what i did..ship down to point roberts and drive from vancouver to pick it up

·
Registered
162 Posts
-phase- said:
ship it somewhere close to the border and then just drive down to the states and pick it up! ;)

thats what i did..ship down to point roberts and drive from vancouver to pick it up

:( Don't know how to do that.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts