Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..lets say you took off your stock rims/tires.. and then a few days/weeks/months later you decide to put them back on..

does it matter which wheelwell/side the rim/tire goes back onto? OR do you have to remember which ones were in the front and which ones were in the rear???

·
Registered
147 Posts
Typically they have the "DOT" on one side , there may be a barcode, put that to the inside of the wheel. There may be significant styling difference
on the two sides of the tire. There will be something unique to one side
of the tire.

Just mount barcode in if there is one,
or other lettering that is unique to one side of the tire, which may be "DOT". They should all be mounted the same.

In a lot of 4 tires they can each have a side pull.
An individual tire may be in spec but
two tires not opposing each other on the same axle can be an
additive problem and generate too much side pull, called conicity force.

There is also a ply steer force but in the physics of the tire this is
always the same direction no matter what direction the tire is mounted.
The only issue is this conicity side pull force.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...reason for this post.. i am experiencing that a bit.. a bit of a pull... to the right....AFTEr i put the stocks back on...i checked tire pressure and made sure all 4 were equal at about 34psi.

also.. when braking, 2 things i noticed:
1. when i brake without my hands on the steering wheel, the car pretty much pulls right asap.

2. when braking, the car feels kind of wobbly.. very faint but enough for me to notice it.. warped rotors??

anyways.. if anyone has suggestions/fixes.. please post.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think what happened was that we put the 2 tires that were originally in the rear up front and the 2 fronts from original setup went to the rear.. would that have caused any sort of related issue to above??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts