Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newtsxowner!
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I took the path of supercharging my 06 AT tsx how much psi could i go to without risking blowing my engine or anything of that sort? Also how much can an AT engine take like how much WHP?

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Stock psi rating would be fine, you can only go up to 8psi I think. You wouldnt blow your engine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tranny will go before the engine.

If it's the JRSC style, they are good to 10 psi, but then you'll run into heat issues and the blower just blowing hot air.

Your Achilles heel, right now, though is the automatic transmission.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah your engine can handle a good bit of boost, but your tranny wont like it. and yeah a problem with eaton units is the heat.. which there are aftercoolers out there its just cost intensive.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm an 04 6 speed with stock internals for now with kpro dual harness and other parts i'm running 9psi daily. No issues so far * knock on wood * Our motors can handle a beating. I ran the car on a 65 weather hard around 5 times and it wasn't that super hot.

The few things I'm experiencing right now, is the sudden stalling when decelerating hard (very minimal though) Also, i was told to change my tps sensor and get bigger TB to solve my minor idle problem. The alternator and crank pulley part of the belt are too close. * i have a 3.1 pulley * Does anyone know of a smaller belt that I can use? Or maybe should I get an 06 crank pulley? I read from another members thread that he put a 06 crank pulley and it solved this issue. hmmm
other than that... the car pulls harddddd =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts