Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new rim off Ebay. The inside of the rim the small square that lists 1/2oz 14g on it, I have no real idea what it is other than a reference for balancing the tires

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/ACURA-HONDA-TSX-2006-2008-Wheel-Rim-Factory-OEM-71750-SSS-9-SPOKE-/00/s/NDg5WDUwMA==/$(KGrHqV,!pME9o3nVHW3BPhbPvlczg~~60_35.JPG

For reference that small rectangular shaped piece between the spokes on the inside of the rim. Is there a way to some this down or remove it? Its rubbing my brake caliper.

I don't even know what that is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
It's a weight for balancing your tire and rim set. If you bought it with the rubber on there, removing it will then unbalance your tire. Or if you got it balance with new rubber, same deal. But it sounds like you knew that... Not sure what your trying to find out. You said it was for balancing already...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's a strange clicking sound coming from my wheel well sounds like there's a nail stuck in my tire. clearly I've checked and there is no nail get the clicking only is there after 20 miles an hour and becomes barely audible after 40 miles an hour. I thought maybe that's what was rotating around clipping my caliper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
Highly doubt it. You will also get clicking from having pebbles stuck in your tread or in your dust shield of the rotor :) for starters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah took apart the caliper, there was a build up of rust above the brake pad, just enough to come in contact with the rotor, was odd I had never seen that before, removed it and no more ticking sound. I think I need to clean out and then spray color my calipers to reduce the amount of rust in the general area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.