Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get over the fact how nice my shifter feels stock that it is making me question if its stock or if the previous owner upgraded the rubber bushings to metal. Does the shifter in everyone else's tsx feel very positive and sounds kind of loud/clunky when engaging a gear? It doesn't bother me at all but it just feels really nice and I wanted to know if perhaps the previous owner upgraded the shifter.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just wondering if the feeling that I'm talking about with my shifter is the stock feeling. Is that the way everyone else felt with the stock shifter?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool cause with any car I usually always want to upgrade the shifter somehow but this stock shifter is just perfect. It made me think it wasn't stock lol.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
open up the hood and take a peek at the bushings:) there dead center right on top of the tranny

i have solid bushings and a short throw kit and it was the best 140 bucks i ever spent i love it!!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I agree that if you want to "upgrade" your shifter, getting a short shifter kit would be the way to go. When I first got mine installed, I felt like I was playing a game or something. The short throw was amazing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My shifter is stock and I think it is great. I only have owned manual transmission cars and the tsx has a solid feel

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Yes, the feel of the stock 6MT feels really nice, and yes, it does make a clunky noise now and then when you engage a gear. After driving my sister's IS300 and my friend's 8th gen SI, I wouldn't trade the feel of my MT for anything.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
The TSX was highly rated as one of the best MT on the market (back when I was buying my car). I heard so many good things about it that I bought a MT.

The stock shifting is nice. The short shifter is slightly nicer, but wasn't as big of a change as I expected.

And yes, the car is loud/clunky. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the car, but I eventually got used to it and don't mind it anymore.

·
-
1,560 Posts
I guess it depends what you are used to. :)

When I 1st drove our TSX I thought the shifter throws were way too long & the shifter sloppy. My 1st mod was a CT short shifter & the shifter base bushings. I have the shifter cable bushings sitting in my family room waiting to be installed this spring.

But our previous Acura had a short shifter, my Mustang has a full aftermarket shifter in it as does my 6 speed manual truck!!

Edit: It's not easy to remove the center console to check if your shifter has been modified. The easiest way would be to compare it with a known stock TSX.
I guess you could take some shifter throw measurements & we could compare with mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts