Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my TSX for about 800 miles but the rear breaks have been making noise when I break slowly on the freeway today when the traffic is horrible today.

If that normal???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
No. But I'm sure it can be taken care of.

Beyond that, I couldn't tell you. But I think you'll be getting some more input when the "real experts" wake up.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
TSXBMW said:
I have my TSX for about 800 miles but the rear breaks have been making noise when I break slowly on the freeway today when the traffic is horrible today.
Sounds like the pads are bedding in or still needs further bedding in, if the noise persists. Have your dealership take a look at it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Startle_Reflex said:
Your rear broke and you're worried about your brakes? My goodness. I would get the rear fixed first.
You speaking english or is this some kinda :007: remark? Don't start it with me, I'm less tolerant than the others.

G

·
Noel said:
You speaking english or is this some kinda :007: remark? Don't start it with me, I'm less tolerant than the others.
Doesn't matter if you are less tolerant than the others. YOU don't start it with me. There is nothing wrong. But if you want to make something, then I'll respond.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys!!!!!! Dont fight!!!

So do you think I should get it back to the dealership for checking?????

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I don't get into fights with anyone.

And yes, most definitely ... My comments above stands on my recommendations to get this concern resolved effectively.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Absolutely -- definitely.

Not that Noel needs any corroboration. :D

Just in case TSXBMW doesn't know yet that Noel is the ace, I thought I'd second the motion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Startle_Reflex said:
Doesn't matter if you are less tolerant than the others. YOU don't start it with me. There is nothing wrong. But if you want to make something, then I'll respond.
I hope you know that Noel is one of the most respected members who has helped more people than you yourself probably can piss off.

BTW "Breaks" if you are reffering to the mechanism than slows/stops the car is spelled like this: Brake or pl.: Brakes.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
TSXBMW said:
thx, guys.

I am not sure for Acura, is the break under the maintain warranty?
at 800 miles...your brakes are covered under warranty... I've had my rotors resurfaced and replaced once allready.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the heads-up. :thumbsup: :bowdown1: Without you guys, there is no community to favor.

TSXBMW - Yes as Tru also indicated, this is covered under the standard factory warranty.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Noel said:
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the heads-up. :thumbsup: :bowdown1: Without you guys, there is no community to favor.

TSXBMW - Yes as Tru also indicated, this is covered under the standard factory warranty.
BTW.....I would have assumed it's covered, because I thought EVERYTHING critical is covered.

But, does anybody know....IS THAT SO?
Is there anything at all of a critical nature that's NOT covered by warranty???

I would be shocked.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
at 800 miles...your brakes are covered under warranty... I've had my rotors resurfaced and replaced once allready.
\

800 miles, I have run over that.........I am still confused about Acura's warranty terms.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
TSXBMW said:
\

800 miles, I have run over that.........I am still confused about Acura's warranty terms.
it shouldn't matter...unless you've gone over 4 years or 50k miles. Just call up your dealership and tell them your problem. Then make sure it's covered under warranty.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Right -- he didn't mean it's covered only up to 800 miles!

Larchmont, who sometimes has misunderstood things like that too.

Once I moved into an apartment where they said, "Hey, you can even play the piano at 2 in the morning!"

So for quite a while, I used to stop playing at 2 in the morning. :tard:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
larchmont said:
BTW.....I would have assumed it's covered, because I thought EVERYTHING critical is covered.
There is no clear line of definition, most of the warranty is up for a grey area to be intepreted however they like. However in saying that, alot of the warranty work is carried out on goodwill/goodfaith. Especially related to brakes, drivetrain, engine if they're not clearly indicated to be manufacturer faults.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
^^ heh...the first time I felt a pulsation on my brakes...the dealership I bought my car from told me that it was my tranny downshifting and they failed to answer my question about how I could downshift more than 10 times...

I then took my car up to Madison's dealership...no questions asked, they resurfaced my rotors and they were fine. They also rotated my tires for free (my car was about 10k miles). When I felt the pulsation again, I called up the Madison dealership again and they looked up my car and told me they're going to order some new front rotors and asked me when I could take her in.

Take it into your dealership and if they give you some BS answer, try a different dealership if you have another by you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts