Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my lower control arms changed a now I have VSA ABS (!) lights on I saw a video that you can jump the obd2 to turn them off is this a bad idea?🤷🏻‍♂️

Video Link

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's probably OK, but do you know why the fault got triggered? Need to fix anything that was broken or disconnected, or the light will probably come back on.

Maybe wheel-speed sensor not re-connected, or damaged? Or damaged brake line...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably OK, but do you know why the fault got triggered? Need to fix anything that was broken or disconnected, or the light will probably come back on.

Maybe wheel-speed sensor not re-connected, or damaged? Or damaged brake line...
they had to clamp the brake line bc they ****** up left the caliper behind the lower control arm all I can remember🥺

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you think they fixed what they broke, I'd try restting the lights. If don't come back and it drives fine, you should be good.
They didn’t break anything they just took of the caliper bc they left it behind the lower control arm old lower control arms was beat not sure if I can use that method or have to take it 2 the dealership

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you know if they disconnected the brake hose from the caliper?

I think it's OK to reset the lights with the jumper. The question I have is why did the lights come on in the first place? Removing the caliper would not cause that if they left the hose connected, which is what you normally do unless actually replacing the caliper or hose.

If the hose was removed, and the key was turned on while the hose was off, the ABS probably sensed low pressure. Presumably they hooked the hose back up and bled the brakes.

The other likely problem would be a damaged wheel speed sensor or wire. If the brakes feel fine in normal use, but the lights come back on, I'd guess it's a wheel sensor. That really will prevent both ABS and VSA from working.

Seems to me that the shop needs to fix any problems. But if you want to, the wheel sensors are cheap and easy to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know if they disconnected the brake hose from the caliper?

I think it's OK to reset the lights with the jumper. The question I have is why did the lights come on in the first place? Removing the caliper would not cause that if they left the hose connected, which is what you normally do unless actually replacing the caliper or hose.

If the hose was removed, and the key was turned on while the hose was off, the ABS probably sensed low pressure. Presumably they hooked the hose back up and bled the brakes.

The other likely problem would be a damaged wheel speed sensor or wire. If the brakes feel fine in normal use, but the lights come back on, I'd guess it's a wheel sensor. That really will prevent both ABS and VSA from working.

Seems to me that the shop needs to fix any problems. But if you want to, the wheel sensors are cheap and easy to replace.
I’m going to try the jump method and see if it works kinda scared😭 I for got 2 tell you they didn’t put one of the caliper bolts back in and it was just flopping around scraped the inside of my wheels yesterday the abs was blinking came off then turn back on

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I for got 2 tell you they didn’t put one of the caliper bolts back in and it was just flopping around scraped the inside of my wheels yesterday the abs was blinking came off then turn back on
Make sure there's no fluid leaking, or damage to the hose or caliper. I would replace that hose for sure though before driving it, since even if it's not leaking it could have gotten twisted or pulled and is likely weakened.

So I'm going to guess that the ABS/VSA light was caused by one of three things...

1. Fluid leak. You'll be able to see it if there is any, and it obviously needs to be fixed.
2. The brakes being used with the caliper off the rotor... that would confuse it because there would be no stopping applied to that wheel.
3. The caliper damaged the wheel speed sensor wire.

If it's #1, fix the damage then reset.

If It's #2, then you should just be able to reset the lights now that the caliper is back in place.

If it's #3, replace the sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure there's no fluid leaking, or damage to the hose or caliper. I would replace that hose for sure though before driving it, since even if it's not leaking it could have gotten twisted or pulled and is likely weakened.

So I'm going to guess that the ABS/VSA light was caused by one of three things...

1. Fluid leak. You'll be able to see it if there is any, and it obviously needs to be fixed.
2. The brakes being used with the caliper off the rotor... that would confuse it because there would be no stopping applied to that wheel.
3. The caliper damaged the wheel speed sensor wire.

If it's #1, fix the damage then reset.

If It's #2, then you should just be able to reset the lights now that the caliper is back in place.

If it's #3, replace the sensor.
i been driving it just feels weird when I hit bumps but I don’t see any leaks nothing on the road just low fluid I filled it up I’ll check the sensor an see if anything is wrong with it thank you so much for helping me out appreciate it🤝🏼

·
Registered
'05 TSX Auto
37 Posts
Get the OBD-II codes read by a scanner that can read ABS codes. (Either stop at a store, or buy a BlueDriver.) That error code is triggered by a sensor. Don't throw money and parts at something until it is diagnosed properly (and not by the idiot shop that did the work.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts