Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry if the title is confusing I shall try to explain. I've searched the forums for this answer and I just wanted to double-check before dropping down some cash.

I have a 2005 Canadian TSX, no nav, no CD changer, and there is no XM logo on any buttons.

As far as I've researched no matter which aftermarket iPhone module I get the song title/information will not be displayed (correct me if I'm wrong) since I don't have navigation or the XM logo button.

I've read a post about iSimple tricking the TSX's that don't have XM logos and still working fine with Track info. I want to stay away from USA spec since someone posted it burned their iPhone. Grom offers a big selection but is quite pricey. I personally like the GTA car kits (both iPhone and AUX support plus they are cheap!) and they have a reasonably affordable bluetooth module coming soon.

Again, I just want confirmation since if my car won't be able to display text then I'll just save my coins and get the GTA kit, thanks in advance!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
You won't get song titles without xm. Sucks cause all canadian models didn't come with xm. If you really want the song title display, you can always swap out your unit for a 05+ US one. That's what I did and ended up selling my original head unit to recover the costs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, alright thanks for confirming :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.