Acura TSX Forum banner

Question to others w/ Ebony interior...

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TSX 'R' US 
#1 ·
What do you use to clean the black plastic on the doors and everything. It doesn't seem like the material you should be using Amour All on b/c of it's dull like texture. I just have been using a clean cloth that collects dust and stuff but it doesn't seem to be helping with the white scuff marks that can happen if you brush your shoe or something on it. They aren't scratches in the plastic just white marks. What do you use to take these away?

#2 ·
I use this teflon wipe, i forgot the company, but it works pretty well in getting scuff marks out. Its disposable wipes, smells like bad B.O. (body odor) but the smell goes away after a few minutes. It has a textured side and a smooth side to each wipe. The textured side does a good job at getting out the scuff marks, i also use this to clean the engine bay, all the plastic/rubber parts.

On the can, it says the teflon wipes aid in preventing dust from clinging to the surface (really works). also, its a protectant for the surface.

#3 ·
i'll take a pic of the can and get the name of the company for you, it's sunny out now, and i'm going to clean my car (took off from work!), so after i'm done, i'll post.

#7 ·
UV Filters

I use a plastic/vinyl protectant on the dash & stuff ... altho I would love to find one that has low shine --- Armor All used to make it long ago.

I use a leather cleaner/conditioner/protectant on the leather -- altho there is still debate on exactly which parts of the car are leather & which are pleather

The main thing that I am concerned about is that both have UV blockers bc I am sure the black color will fade/crack over time if not taken care of

Also make sure to hit EVERY corner evenly bc you can end up w/ streaks & it will also be very obvious which parts you missed when you roll thru the sunlight ...

#8 ·
i use a brand called "mothers" but i dont know if you guys have it in the states. there's another brand i use that has "low shine". i have to go look for it to tell ya the name....happy cleaning!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.