Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents, I haven't posted here in a while, but i have been putting around in the backdrop reading and learning from you....
I have recently decided to get the Flashpro set up from Hondata, and have now decided to go all out with a new cam set-up. I wanted to get a stg. 2 camshft set from Brian Crower, and all the valvetrain components that go with that. Now Marcus @ heel-toe has brought to my attention that the 09 intake cam fits too, meaning i could keep my valvetrain as is... I was reading that hytech has the possibility to put a stop in the vtc actuator @ 45 degrees, and i would like to know: Do i buy this directly from them, or do i buy one from the stealership, have it sent to them for machining, and then on home to me? Does anyone here have experience with them, and is it this web-site i contact: Hy Tech Exhaust----The Leader in Race Exhaust Technology ??
Thanks for any infos anyone can get to me!!
Cheers
ACC-Man

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thanks, i had already contacted feuss2, and apparently they sell them already modified..... wrote them an email this morning, but being that it's sunday, i do not expect to receive any answers today
ACC-Man

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would stay in the direction you were headed with going the stage 2 cam route. I would think that you would be doing more modifications other than just upgrading your cams as well?. If that' the case, you'll make more power with stage 2 cams. They should hold you over for awhile without wanting to to go bigger. I have a feeling that those 09 cams will have you wanting more sooner than later since they aren't that much of an improvement over the 06-08 intake cams.

Just my opioion..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would stay in the direction you were headed with going the stage 2 cam route. I would think that you would be doing more modifications other than just upgrading your cams as well?. If that' the case, you'll make more power with stage 2 cams. They should hold you over for awhile without wanting to to go bigger. I have a feeling that those 09 cams will have you wanting more sooner than later since they aren't that much of an improvement over the 06-08 intake cams.

Just my opioion..
with good stage 2 cams you won't gain anything with our CR 10.5:1 comparing vs TSX 06-08 or even TSX 09+ cams.
I saw it tuning Toda spec C cams - good stage 2 cams is overkill for OEM CR.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
with good stage 2 cams you won't gain anything with our CR 10.5:1 comparing vs TSX 06-08 or even TSX 09+ cams.
Bolt an RRC mani, ported head, J35 TB and maybe a little boost and I think you would change your opinion on that ;)

Do you plan on going NA or Boost, Thats the big question here...

In anycase I would port the head and build it. The A2 head doesnt flow very well but with some port matching and nice cams you can see some pretty big gains on a NA motor and even bigger gains under boost.

SVM makes very good cams for NA motors and if you go the SC route you would still want NA cams.

Little bit of dyno proof: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=104453

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'am talking about N/A and for boost you don't need any big cams or even ported head. Head porting good for N/A route. Just install wiseco 8.8:1 pistons with good rods, boost 1.2 - 1.4 bar and you will have monster.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That's just bad info right there.. the stock compression is plenty for stage 2 cams. Toda C's are pretty much stage 3 cams so that's a bad comparison.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have i/h/e, am about to order a hi-flow cat, and then the cams, which ever route (BC stg 2 or 09 cams) i decide to go. For sure i will not be going sc, don't have the coin to play in that league....
Yes i understand that the 09 cam won't give me half the fun of a good stg 2 cams set-up, and if i went down that road, i'd probably be up-grading sooner or later, but it's all a question of how involved do i want to get, how much more hard earned cash do i want to drop into my dd?
thanks for the answers guys, i will get back to you once i have decided which path to follow...
ACC-Man

·
Registered
862 Posts
Vaikis, buddy , you telling tales here and you have nothing behind your statement coz you r not tuner at all. You and er buddy dont wanna pay few bux for good tune and like 2 monkeys r playing with grenade destroying engine and then misinforming k24 community with your midnight theories.

Guys , listen here, personally I got 22 hp over 06 cam with BC st2 cams on completely stock bottom. Those cams looked lousy when i took em out of box but .. its night and day difference. The only supporting mods for revs were k20 pump and s2000 springs. Those cams r AWESOME, i got almost same graph as advertized on BC site , perfect bump on low to mid and then mid to top with hella strong vtec pushuing me into seat. Im very light on the pedal now coz have awesome acceleration at any rpms. Cams have nice idle and perfect street manners. Cant say nothing bad bout those cams. Noone tested and used em in k24 , i seems to be the first and im very pleased !!!

And all those hypes bout 09 cam is just hypes . NOONE havent compared em in real life and real engine with stock cams or some others. I bet they will show 3-5 hp over stock tsx cams, not more.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Vaikis, buddy , you telling tales here and you have nothing behind your statement coz you r not tuner at all. You and er buddy dont wanna pay few bux for good tune and like 2 monkeys r playing with grenade destroying engine and then misinforming k24 community with your midnight theories.

Guys , listen here, personally I got 22 hp over 06 cam with BC st2 cams on completely stock bottom. Those cams looked lousy when i took em out of box but .. its night and day difference. The only supporting mods for revs were k20 pump and s2000 springs. Those cams r AWESOME, i got almost same graph as advertized on BC site , perfect bump on low to mid and then mid to top with hella strong vtec pushuing me into seat. Im very light on the pedal now coz have awesome acceleration at any rpms. Cams have nice idle and perfect street manners. Cant say nothing bad bout those cams. Noone tested and used em in k24 , i seems to be the first and im very pleased !!!

And all those hypes bout 09 cam is just hypes . NOONE havent compared em in real life and real engine with stock cams or some others. I bet they will show 3-5 hp over stock tsx cams, not more.
destroying engine, don't joke me, we even don't have knock.... Rev your engine more till 8500 rpm... I want to see how it blows lol...

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts

·
-
1,622 Posts
And all those hypes bout 09 cam is just hypes . NOONE havent ompared em in real life and real engine with stock cams or some others. I bet they will show 3-5 hp over stock tsx cams, not more.

At this point, I totally agree with this statement. I cannot find any info on why anyone would install 2009+ intake cam in their 2004-08 TSX K24.

Feuss's thread about installing the 2009 TSX intake cam is useless. He has not stated any logical reason for installing this cam.
Nor any before or after dyno's.

I hate it when guys jump on the latest bandwagon with no facts nor results to back it up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Vaikis_ LOL , you dont have knock and you dont have no pawa coz all you can do is to measure their lift and post those foolish numbers everywhere on forums. They speaks nothing bout real performance of the cams. NOTHING. When i looked at huge primary BC lobes i thought oh shite, ill have crappy 2000 rpm idle on em but they do awesome idle at 850. While you trying to tell us st2 dont work im passing almost everything i see on the road LOLLL

core58, year ago or so we all laughed at your statement when you told us that cams dont need tune. You got what you had to got - nothing. Dont be a cheapass and guinea pig for testing foolish theories - pay for real tune and youll be finally happy. Vaikis got my [email protected] vs [email protected] dyno from Sasha and im 100% shure you saw it.

Conclusion ? Here it is . We all here have sweet gains with st2 cams, you both - dont. Dont you think you r doing something wrong ? Try to stop inventing bicycle. Follow predecessors, pay for real tune to guy who really know what he is doing and youll see that k24 engine has no difference with k20 when making power with good cams.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Vaikis_ LOL , you dont have knock and you dont have no pawa coz all you can do is to measure their lift and post those foolish numbers everywhere on forums. They speaks nothing bout real performance of the cams. NOTHING. When i looked at huge primary BC lobes i thought oh shite, ill have crappy 2000 rpm idle on em but they do awesome idle at 850. While you trying to tell us st2 dont work im passing almost everything i see on the road LOLLL

core58, year ago or so we all laughed at your statement when you told us that cams dont need tune. You got what you had to got - nothing. Dont be a cheapass and guinea pig for testing foolish theories - pay for real tune and youll be finally happy. Vaikis got my [email protected] vs [email protected] dyno from Sasha and im 100% shure you saw it.

Conclusion ? Here it is . We all here have sweet gains with st2 cams, you both - dont. Dont you think you r doing something wrong ? Try to stop inventing bicycle. Follow predecessors, pay for real tune to guy who really know what he is doing and youll see that k24 engine has no difference with k20 when making power with good cams.
I don't say that stage 2 is bad, first off all you must have some good mods for that like good intake, header and etc... How much you paid for you header ? It's not cheap Chineese shit !!!
Don't teach others what to do or where to tune, each has his own opinion.
And Toda's C is not stage 2 as some people say - it's stage 3 :eek:hsnap:
Conclusion I even don't have stage 2 cams lol...

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
It's true that no one has tested the results but that's only because it seems like a relatively new option that hasn been looked into much. K20a has a thread showing that the intake came for the 2nd gen tsx has a slightly more aggressive profile vs the 06-08 tsx cams. That combined with the fact that it's running a 50* vtc gear and can be simply dropped in makes it another OEM option.

He has an 04/05 model. Hondata has noted several times that the 06+ tsx cams are the best OEM option. If the 09+ is even better why wouldn't he try it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts