Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed mine Injen CAI this past saturday, i want to ask couple of questions regarding it and would like to have answers from NYC ppl who have done CAI

1: Since it's a lot of rain in NYC nowadays, how would it's gonna effect Injen cuz i have heard water gets to it so should i with SRI and if i do it, how is the performance going to be?

2: Does 'WOT' voice comes when accelerate is pressed hard?

3: Should I get the shield cover for filter or just leave it like this?

4: When should I change the filter? after hoe many mileage?

Thanks

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
1: Since it's a lot of rain in NYC nowadays, how would it's gonna effect Injen cuz i have heard water gets to it so should i with SRI and if i do it, how is the performance going to be?

2: Does 'WOT' voice comes when accelerate is pressed hard?

3: Should I get the shield cover for filter or just leave it like this?

4: When should I change the filter? after hoe many mileage?
1) Performance wont be affected that much, I did not notice any difference between the two SRI and CAI on mines. Your RPM will climb faster at a higher RPM with a CAI from my experience.

2) YES -----> BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(Vtec)AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!!

3) The Injen Hydroshield does wonders, it probably saved me from a few watersoak a couple of times. I do have an Injen hydroshield that I forgot to put on the classified section, since I have already sold my intake I no longer need it. If youre interested, shoot me a pm and I promise to take picture tomorrow.

4) Clean it with a brush everytime it gets dirty, helps keep your Throttle body and engine from getting dirty.
I just use K&N cleaners for every intake I ever use, I think Injen does have cleaning kits for their filters so instead of buying a new filter everytime, I would invest in one of these cleaning kit.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if i stay with CAI then there can be problem?

pmed.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
As long as you drive slow and dont drive over a huge puddle of water then you should be fine using the CAI. One night, my cousin drove over a big puddle of water that he didnt see until he got close and his CAI sucked in all those water and hydrolocked his car. With the hydroshield, I saved myself from a few close calls on occasional rainy nights, very highly recommend you use the hydroshield if you plan on using CAI as a DD.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Iv had my injen intake for 5 years and never had a problem with the rain... But yea I also forgot to mention I dont drive when it rains... Lol ... I got a beater ... But you should be fine
As stated above if you see a puddle and you think it's not deep than think again and be aware... Goodluck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for ur comments, i just bought hydroshield from leemaster so i'll put it on when i install my front lip(which m gonna order in a week)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blulable and tsx4life i got another question for u guys do u guys any1 in NYC who do vinyl for roof, i asked few shops they r asking $350+

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ ur location shows queens nyc

thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.