Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LuCre
88 Posts
you'll be fine lowering it on springs with stock wheels. you dont have to get new wheels

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put the h&r springs with my xxr962 17's with a 215/50/17 tire and the back tire is a quarter of an inch from the fender and the front is a tad bit higher.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like them just I suggest getting 18's that's where I messed up. But i love the look, and i haven't seen one tsx in Miami that's silver with gold rims

·
Registered
347 Posts
Guess it just depends on what condition they're in huh. I got 123k right now.
That's a lot of mileage to be putting on new springs. You may be better off replacing the shocks with Konis which you can drop .75"

I have the H&R oe springs, no problems with them and they are so mild it won't affect your shocks much. That said, I should have gone a bit lower, there's still a bit too much gap.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the H&R oe springs, no problems with them and they are so mild it won't affect your shocks much. That said, I should have gone a bit lower, there's still a bit too much gap.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, I'm trading a buddy for some eibach sport lines

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a lot of mileage to be putting on new springs. You may be better off replacing the shocks with Konis which you can drop .75"

I have the H&R oe springs, no problems with them and they are so mild it won't affect your shocks much. That said, I should have gone a bit lower, there's still a bit too much gap.
what do you mean exactly? I'm very new to all this ish.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your stock shocks are matched to the spring rates and height of your stock springs and changing it will result in faster wear depending on how much you change it. Doing it to shocks that are old like yours will likely push them over the brink much faster and you'll end up having to do another install job to get new shocks

The Koni shocks are best in class and allow people to lower their car .75" with the stock springs. They're not cheap but there's good reason for it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your stock shocks are matched to the spring rates and height of your stock springs and changing it will result in faster wear depending on how much you change it. Doing it to shocks that are old like yours will likely push them over the brink much faster and you'll end up having to do another install job to get new shocks

The Koni shocks are best in class and allow people to lower their car .75" with the stock springs. They're not cheap but there's good reason for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just picked up a set of koni yellows and eibach pro kit springs (not installed yet), i got them for cheap and heard nothing but good about them, but i read koni/neuspeed shocks have more perches (5 i believe) than koni sport (3 rear, 2 front), but i heard the koni/neuspeeds were discontinued.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts