Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member first post. I recently bought a '04 tsx and have been bugged by something. What is the dash supposed to look like when it's lite up? Are there back lights behind all the buttons? Right now I have the radio and ac screen that lights up and if I push the dual climate and defroster lights. But at night u have to guess what ur pushing. Is this normal or is there a blown fuse? Thanks for ur help!

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
its your PCB that's out. I purchase my car with the same situation as yours. though it was suppose to be like that, until i read the thread about the PCB being the problem. so i just ended up replacing my PCB yesterday and everything works! :) the part # 3917A-sec-a01CP. also if you know some one at the dealer that can give it to you for dealer cost that would be great!, cause it can run you around 250 to 300, there is a core charge for it though so you should get back like 155 or 160 back. i got mine for 90$ and i know you can get it also on acuraoemparts online. just search the part number. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick response. im talking to my parts guy to see if i can get a better price that 85 from an online retailer.

did u install it urself? the online part diagram does not show where it is pluged into. Or is it something when i pull out the radio it will be easily found?

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Radio has to be pulled to install the board, its inside the head unit/receiver. I have the same problem with my 04. I finally found an '05 radio and bought that. Now that the weather has started to warm up here finally, I can get around to fixing this.

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
@evens11. hey sorry for the late responds. but as Redevil explain you have to pull out your whole radio. its fairly simple. once you get the part it should come with an instruction on how to replace the pcb.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
man after reading this i want to replace my PCB too! haha I had the car since 04 so i pretty much know all the buttons since i never looked when i pressed anyways but it would be nice to have this swapped out!

what do you think about buying this part from a wrecked 04? it would just be risking the same issue right? just wanted thoughts... I will most likely buy from dealer since there is a core charge and i do get most the money back haha

so just to be clear it's about $300 and you get about $150 (core charge back) and I can prob install it myself... correct?

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
^ Avoid '04 all together I think;

TSX Tuner Assy Part #s.
39175-SEC-A02 '2004
39175-SEC-L010-M1 '2005
39175-SEC-L02 '2006
39175-SEC-A030-M1 ????
These are notes I made while looking for radio on ebay. Ideally the 39175-SEC-L010 is what you want, has same black knobs, instead of the silver like 06+ I think the last one on my list was for '07, but I dont remeber. Basically AVOID 39175-SEC-A02 '2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts