Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I maxed out how low I can go in the front. Messed with the preload and put it down to where the spring was loose and moving around. It was the perfect height but I was bottoming out and was knocking ever time I hit the smallest bump. So I raised it alittle but my rear is dumped and I want my front to be as well. Is there a way to go lower in the front without having the spring so loose?

This is how it currently sits:

·
-
1,565 Posts
Wow...

If the springs are loose what do you think is holding up the car?
Hint, you're riding around on the bump stops or you've bottomed out the shocks or you/re jamming/binding some suspension component.
Your car now handles worse than stock.

It's not about slamming your car & being a poser. It's about improving performance. :buttkick:

Just like that other guy that had his car so low & couldn't figure out why his rear camber kit wouldn't fit, you should do some research on suspension theory & design, then read up on performance suspension & handling theory.

Also hang out at a track day or take a performance driving school. Then you too will be laughing at posers.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Different people want different things. I think he is fully aware that slamming doesn't improve handling. Let's not have another function vs. form thread.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol reason I raised the preload back close to out of the box so the spring isn't loose anymore. I'm aware that obviously being this low is not gonna improve my handling. Lol different strokes for different folks. I like it you don't but then again its my car lol if I want I could drag the sub frame. But I just don't like how the front has a gap so I want to go about going lower while not bottoming out and having the spring loose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
in any case if u're bottoming out and springs are loose, you're probably already running out of shock travel and sitting on bump stop. ordering shorter springs is not going to help. if u're in desperate needs of wanting to go lower you could trim the bumpstop <-not suggesting this is a good option but it might just get u where you want which is a tad lower. if u have also checked the lower mount of the shock to make sure u've turn the shock body as low as a position it can go, then there's really not much N+ can do for u in term of further lowering.

do take note of what others have mentioned to u in the thread, even if performance and handling may not be ur thing, it is still good to understand how it all hangs together.

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
Wow...

If the springs are loose what do you think is holding up the car?
Hint, you're riding around on the bump stops or you've bottomed out the shocks or you/re jamming/binding some suspension component.
Your car now handles worse than stock.

It's not about slamming your car & being a poser. It's about improving performance. :buttkick:

Just like that other guy that had his car so low & couldn't figure out why his rear camber kit wouldn't fit, you should do some research on suspension theory & design, then read up on performance suspension & handling theory.

Also hang out at a track day or take a performance driving school. Then you too will be laughing at posers.
Ruh oh we got a racecar driver...

Not everyone is into road racing/auto x, some people want a lowered/slammed car just to cruise. Different strokes for different folks. Just because OP has different interests than you doesnt mean he's a "poser" whatever that means. :squint:

OP once you've messed with the preload the spring will be loose, no way around that. And you cant go as low as you want it to without messing with the preload.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts