Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry I keep asking similar questions, but hopefully this one should be fairly easy and straight forward to answer.

I have 08 TSX with factory navigation. I just bought the JBL MS-8 and I want to know the easiest way to install it so that I do not lose my steering wheel controls, bluetooth, or gps speech.

I believe I have to take the signal after it has passed through the factory amp so that I don't lose those capabilities. What is the easiest way to install this beast of a machine?

Thanks (again),
Raleigh H.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
t-tapers into the back of the factory unit. it has pre outs

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not quite sure what that is, is that a wire harness? And does it plug into the factory navigation or amp?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
I'm not quite sure what that is, is that a wire harness? And does it plug into the factory navigation or amp?

Thanks for all your help.
its a harness behind the factory navi. It does run into the amp, but if i remember its kinda scattered aorund that pin out. I think its eassier to get it from the conecter at the back of the unit, becasue it would be somewhat eassier to hide... but thats me. Look at my instal where I made the harness and that would give u a better idea of what im talking about hopefuly

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
No. It will not becasue your tapping not making a harness. Even if you made a harness most likely all you would have to do is add a pin or soemthing of that nature. As long as your t tapping it into the audio like it wont do anything , becasue your just using the factory pre outs from the back of the unit which already receives all the signals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I think I understand, but the ms-8 only needs front left and right input, where would the rest hook up? Or do I need to combine them all?

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
just take the ones you need an say f u to the rest.lol. my bitone im only using right and left into the aux since i dont really use it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or can I use the PAC adapter to give me RCA outputs from the navi? Will that cause me to lose my functions? Thanks again for the info

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
The pac should work.

as for me making the thing im not to sure about that.

try pac first?if it doesnt work right ill send u mine, and u can try it

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
np keep me updated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts