1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i have any problem running this?
Front: 225/40/18
Rear: 245/40/18

I am running on stock height right now and am planning on lowering it around 2". So will i have any problems? or will have to roll the fenders?

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18X8. will those tires fit that?

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea 18 X 8 all around. i should stick with 225/40? But i wanted to know if it possible to run 245/40 in the rear without having to do any fender work.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
thats gonna be one beefy tire in the rear...
i dont undertand why you wouldnt want to just run the same tire all around...that way it makes things easier and cheaper for you if you wanna rotate your tires....not too sure about the fender work right now..

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea thats true too! Yea i am gonna run 225 all around. Thats what i had for my old rims and i wanted to go bit wider look in the back but i guess 225 is wide enough lol.
thanks alot for the help bro!

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also can you recommend me some good tires? That are good performance wise and also fairly quite? My price range is around 600-700.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Hankook Ventus V12 K110's are an awesome tire. I'm using Nitto NT555's now and they are okay so far(only 400 miles on them). Yoko S-Drives are another good tire.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm on the same boat as you rexdale... I've got 235/45/18 all around (18 x 8) looking to lower my TSX about 2" as well. Hope I don't run into any problems as well.

As for tires I recommend General Exclaim UHP, great in the rain too..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I run 225/40/18 all around. No problems at all stock height but slammed you will have some rubbing up front. The back isn't a problem. (not sure about 245 though) I'm not sure exactly how many inches i've dropped but I needed to roll my front fenders.

Running continental extreme contact dws. Definitely recommend them but I haven't used any other tire except for stock so i don't anything else to compare to.

Here's a pic:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts