Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently did the Hondata Reflash on my 06 Auto (two months ago).

I'm thinking about trading my car in or parting out.

Should I just leave the Reflashed ECU in the car or can/should I sell/trade it to someone else who is interested in it?

Give me your thoughts.....

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
I'm interested! Is it just plug in and play? Do I have to get the car tuned after putting it in?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
You'll need to get it sync'd at the dealer. Reflash is not tunable

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
So I just recently did the Hondata Reflash on my 06 Auto (two months ago).

I'm thinking about trading my car in or parting out.

Should I just leave the Reflashed ECU in the car or can/should I sell/trade it to someone else who is interested in it?

Give me your thoughts.....
All depends on you, you'd have to source another ECU and get it sync'd, etc...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All depends on you, you'd have to source a another ECU and get it sync'd, etc...
Obviously I sent my ECU, key and immobilizer to Hondata in order to reflash it.... So if I did swap ecu's with someone else, who lets say has an 06 auto, would it just swap? Or is this where we would have to get them sync'd? And by asking that I mean have to go to the dealer or Hondata? I'm confused in what sync'd means! haha

If it's too much trouble I won't swap it and I'll just trade it in with the car.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Obviously I sent my ECU, key and immobilizer to Hondata in order to reflash it.... So if I did swap ecu's with someone else, who lets say has an 06 auto, would it just swap? Or is this where we would have to get them sync'd? And by asking that I mean have to go to the dealer or Hondata? I'm confused in what sync'd means! haha

If it's too much trouble I won't swap it and I'll just trade it in with the car.

Any swapping of ECUs from car to car requires syncing of the immobilizer from dealer.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow that's gonna be a great present for whoever buys your car. You should do a private sale, I feel that you will get more of your money back that way then trading it.

By the way, definitely sad you are selling your tsx. We never got to ride together haha. What car are you getting/looking at?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that's gonna be a great present for whoever buys your car. You should do a private sale, I feel that you will get more of your money back that way then trading it.

By the way, definitely sad you are selling your tsx. We never got to ride together haha. What car are you getting/looking at?
Yeah you know what, I've always been happy with my cars and Hondas altogether. I've been eyeing up the Mitsubishi Evo X for some time now. I finally test drove one early last week and been giving thought to what I'm gonna do. I figured that I'll part out and sell my car in stock trim as I don't know who will buy it.

Still down for some back road runs though!

·
Registered
874 Posts
TRADE ECU and immobilizer to someone for stock.... the buyer gets a amazing deal on a part hell install and forget and he pays for the stealership to swap one key to the other ....

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
^ Actually, the buyer has to pay for both his and your ECU to get reprogrammed.... soooo unless the seller agrees on the purchase price of 295 minus the actual cost to swap I dont see the buyer willing to pay over 295 for the reflash at all.

I am also on the same boat as the OP, I hope whoever that has the car will appreciate the mod as much as I do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
(this is what i meant) ^^ obviously hes not gonna get extra for the reflash, but the dealership will definitely charge for it as an "upgrade" when they sell, so why not give the reflash to someone in your area as a trade you get their ECU and they could pay for the reprogramming which might be less than 295. so win win, u get your stock ecu that ur not getting anything extra from dealer and that one lucky person gets a upgrade.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I paid 300 for the reflashed ecu,very risky i know.luckily i found a master mechanic willing to sync the ecu for 30.all is well and i love it but i wouldnt risk it.reason why i bought it was because i couldnt afford any downtime on my car.hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
834 Posts
I paid 300 for the reflashed ecu,very risky i know.luckily i found a master mechanic willing to sync the ecu for 30.all is well and i love it but i wouldnt risk it.reason why i bought it was because i couldnt afford any downtime on my car.hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Lucky find.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.