Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to make some LED strips that we could use inside or even UNDERneath the headlight to provide backlighting or the R8 look?

I want a circular LED halo thing around my fogs too, how hard would it be to make those along with the wiring needed to tap into power sources (eg if I want them only to be on in Park mode)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
Ya, thats true. The price is a bit "wtf". Then again, your getting the whole kit to hook them up. No need to wire them and then add more wires, yada yada yada. Thats how I see the price justification.

·
Registered
283 Posts
VorteC said:
How hard would it be to make some LED strips that we could use inside or even UNDERneath the headlight to provide backlighting or the R8 look?

I want a circular LED halo thing around my fogs too, how hard would it be to make those along with the wiring needed to tap into power sources (eg if I want them only to be on in Park mode)
That wouldnt be terrifyingly hard to do, but i suppose anything compared to the tails is easy. Regarding hooking them up to certain wires so they only come on when parked i am not entirely sure (i know electronics, but not really car electronics) Im sure Perregrine could provide me/you with help on that.

The LED Halo around your Fogs, you would want them inside the lense of the fogs? not sure how much space is in the stock fog lenses.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me and Memphis are looking for 997 Turbo styled LED DRL's.. the strip of LEDs on either side. Do you any ideas on that?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Anyone know the specs on the J's Racing LED's? Length and width especially

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
VorteC said:
Me and Memphis are looking for 997 Turbo styled LED DRL's.. the strip of LEDs on either side. Do you any ideas on that?
Look somewhere at Vortec.com Those VW/Audi guys are mocking stuff up. I remember when I was looking into Jettas that people where screwin' around with them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pacemaker_Guy said:
Look somewhere at Vortec.com Those VW/Audi guys are mocking stuff up. I remember when I was looking into Jettas that people where screwin' around with them.
you mean VWvortex? lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
Haha, ya, you know what I mean.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
VorteC said:
Hey Dont Steal my idea ya :newbie:

·
Burning time at work.
10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
So basically you would want it to be a line as well?

I know a member (either here or other forum) put some 5mm leds into the black foglight cover/placeholder which comes with 04-05 tsx's. It looked ok, but he did use regular 5mm leds so not too bright.

It's nothing hard though, since its basically just a line and as others have suggested you can simply buy a led strip from ebay and mod it to fit. I personally would try and use different leds, Luxeons for example. They are much much brighter but also consume more power and emit much more heat, and they are also like 5$+ a led.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?id=2213&link_str=&link_catg=&partno=5027-PW14

Not sure if it's the same as above, but the R8 uses Luxeons for it's DRL's :D

Basically the HID of leds...requires a driver even (like a ballast)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
MTL-TSX said:
So basically you would want it to be a line as well?

I know a member (either here or other forum) put some 5mm leds into the black foglight cover/placeholder which comes with 04-05 tsx's. It looked ok, but he did use regular 5mm leds so not too bright.

It's nothing hard though, since its basically just a line and as others have suggested you can simply buy a led strip from ebay and mod it to fit. I personally would try and use different leds, Luxeons for example. They are much much brighter but also consume more power and emit much more heat, and they are also like 5$+ a led.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?id=2213&link_str=&link_catg=&partno=5027-PW14

Not sure if it's the same as above, but the R8 uses Luxeons for it's DRL's :D

Basically the HID of leds...requires a driver even (like a ballast)
I would like a strip in both foglight housings. Something like the J's racing ones but something that doesn't look like it was built in a high school shop class.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts

real quick chop, kinda tried to combine jasons car with mine, and do a real quick chop of the j's in there

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yep, Just got that info from AJ today

Hi Brent,

125mm x 20mm x 10mm. Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Ben Leung

1 - 20 of 22 Posts