Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know where i can get instructions and settings for the race spec dampers? i need some help on adjusting the preload and what not, had to get my 2 rear shocks rebuilt. any help is greatly needed. ive searched tsxclub.com and googled everything i could think of with no results.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i found this for N+ on another post :
Rear Damper pre-set

1, Lose the spring perch and make spring lose

2, Tight up the size 14 bolt on the top mount

3, Set up the pre-load, from under the top mount to the top of spring perch set the spring at 240mm and tighting the perch

4,set up the hight. lose the black perch,
move up the black perch and lower bracket is lower the car
move down the black pech and lower bracket is raise up the car

i did all of this and car rides like crap, bouncy as heck and sounds like clunking noises from both sides of the car on small bumps, bigger bumps and pulling into driveway. I dont know what else could be wrong, Albert at buddy club says both sides are rebuilt with all brand new parts. nothing is loose or broken in the rear so im not sure what is going on. any help any one??

·
Registered
155 Posts
seems like there is too much preload...ive had a similar problem before. one thing that might help is inspect the suspension again. the spring should have no play in it in terms of moving it up and down, and you should be able to rotate the spring independent of the shock fairly easily when moved by hand without there being any play on its own. thats basically how they come from the factory and when i set it up back to that, the ride got better. keep in mind you have to adjust the dampers accordingly to dial in exactly what you want. i don't remember exactly but when i installed them, i am within 2 or 3 clicks from the max settings. my ride comfort is perfect and handles well.

ive had my RSDs on for 20k+ miles, i do get random clunks and stuff at times, but im used to it since ive had a more agressive setup on my subaru back then and it was noisy as hell.

oh and slightly off topic, how much was it to rebuild. and how many miles on them when you did it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think that i can turn the springs unless i loosen the perches up, so too much preload could make the springs sound like they are loose? i measured the 240mm (9.5 inches) from the bottom of the top mount to the top of the first spring perch was this correct? or do i measure from top of top mount and bottom of first spring perch? they charged me 300 plus shipping to rebuild the 2 rear shocks only the shock itself is new parts everything else is original. i have around 5-6k miles on them, car handle great and the ride quality was better than stock before the 2 rears went out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah if you can't rotate the springs you should try loosening them up a bit...they don't need to be that tight. I have the spec sheet lieing around somewhere...I remember it being pretty detailed. I'll get back to you if I see any useful info

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i contacted buddy club with a paragraph or so and all i got in reply was 200 mm and 240mm

·
Registered
155 Posts
well i found it...unfortunately it won't help because its all in japanese, sorry man. ur experience with buddy club usa is scaring me for when i gotta get mine rebuilt, i thought they would be a little more helpful then that...

good luck tho

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is how i measured but i went 9.5 inches. and it was very bouncy and made alot of noise.

just spoke to Albert on the phone, he thinks i have to much preload and the top nut is not torqued down enough he said to use a 3/8 air impact and tighten it up. as far as the race spec dampers go the N+ instructions are not the same because it does not use the same top spring seat as the race spec. so i measured preload wrong using the n+ instructions.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is how i measured but i went 9.5 inches. and it was very bouncy and made alot of noise.

just spoke to Albert on the phone, he thinks i have to much preload and the top nut is not torqued down enough he said to use a 3/8 air impact and tighten it up. as far as the race spec dampers go the N+ instructions are not the same because it does not use the same top spring seat as the race spec. so i measured preload wrong using the n+ instructions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts