Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have read everything that I can find on the matter and what I am finding is that these are able to fit stock OEM wheels.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I do not understand what the numbers mean and could use some help. I know most of the BBK setups you have to have rims or 10mm spacers.
Stoptech
Brembos
Wilwood (like these too actually)

However, Racing brake has a couple posts on their forum stating these would fit (post dated 2011). I haven't heard anything on it and I am not a rim/wheel kind of guy. I have the fitment diagram printed out, but no idea how that relates to my setup. Could someone shed some light or point me in the right direction?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,413 Posts
I'd contact racingbrake directly with this question. I'm assuming they had a test car to develop this product on so maybe they know if stock wheels worked or not without spacers.

If that doesn't help, then maybe take measurements of the stock caliper and compare it to the figures that racingbrake provides. maybe post the fitment guide from racingbrake so we can take a look and help.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
With a 5mm spacer, yes..

So, I have read everything that I can find on the matter and what I am finding is that these are able to fit stock OEM wheels.

Can anyone confirm this?
I've got the RacingBrake BBK installed on my '08 TSX and they require 5mm spacers with the OEM wheels. Without the spacers, they're way too close - maybe 0.1mm of clearance at best, with it slightly scraping paint off of the caliper. I purchased a set of four spacers from Motorsport Tech - 5 x 114.3, 64.1mm hub diameter and they're a spot-on fit. Keep in mind you'll be giving up 5mm of lug nut to wheel stud thread engagement, but everyone I've asked said for 5mm and under spacers, the OEM studs are fine - without the spacers, you have 15mm of lug nut to stud engagement, so with the spacers, you're down to 10mm.

Here's the thread you're looking for: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/62399-got-rb-performance-brakes-review-inside.htmlGot RB Performance Brakes?.........Review inside!

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.