Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo today i finished swapping in a new engine after my old engine blew

everything seems to be working fine except that my radiator fans arent coming on.

My radiator was standing out for like 3 months without being used, could the fan switch have gone bad since it was just standing there being dry? Is there a way to check it with a multimeter?

Besides that, i also deleted my heater core by rerouting the hoses that go to the heater core. Could there be a sensor in there somewhere that might have something to do with it?

Last but not least, my car also came with a Greddy E-manage ultimate ECU which I will also be removing soon cause im putting everything back to stock form. Anyone have any knowledge on those? Could there be a setting in there that might affect it?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Put power to the fan using some jumpers wires or something to see if it still blows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also check Thermostat??
how would the thermostat affect the fans?

pretty sure the thermostat is opening since the coolant is flowing

and Juri i didnt do that cause im pretty sure the fans are fine. They are 2 seperate fans and i doubt both have them went out at the same time

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
how would the thermostat affect the fans?

pretty sure the thermostat is opening since the coolant is flowing

and Juri i didnt do that cause im pretty sure the fans are fine. They are 2 seperate fans and i doubt both have them went out at the same time
Fans come one when the coolant reaches a certain temp. If the thermostat is open and the car hasnt been under load there is a good chance the coolant isnt hot enough.

Fans also come on when the AC is turned on. Try that.

:fro:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fans come one when the coolant reaches a certain temp. If the thermostat is open and the car hasnt been under load there is a good chance the coolant isnt hot enough.

Fans also come on when the AC is turned on. Try that.

:fro:
it was definately hot enough cause the car was starting to overheat and the coolant was practically boiling

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
It's a process of emlimination.
1. Does fan kick on when hot. you ans no so next
2. does it come on when the a/c is on. if so mayb a switch/relay is bad
3. unplug the fan and connect it directly to the battery.

from there it will help us/ you figure out what is wrong with your car

·
Registered
161 Posts
Everyone here is giving you good advice. It's all about the process of elimination. You first need to see if the fans come on when you turn on your AC. If they don't, wire the fans directly to the battery to ensure that they are indeed working. The last thing I'd suggest is checking the relays in your fuse box. There are three grey relays; two for the fans and 1 for the AC. You usually here them clicking once activated but if your AC works you can try swapping that relay around with the other two to see if the fans come on; then you'd know you have a relay issue.

·
still in the game...
303 Posts
You can also unplug coolant fan switch aka radiator fan sensor, jump the plug and if does not turn on, then you have a bad relay...and if it does then change the sensor...btw feel the lower hose to see if its cold this lets you know if the thermostat is not opening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts