Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here tried raising the compression ratio via Pistons to 12.5:1? Any issues with clearances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
Head over to k20a.org and search away. Any issues with clearance? Depends on the rest of your set up, cams, VT, etc? I'll tell you this though the only to know for sure is to have the motor assembled and clayed.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Yessir, had almost 13:1... (Wiseco) had bad problems with knock, fuel/octane not high enough. have since reverted to 12,5:1...(CP Carillo) i know, not much difference, but i can fill er up @ any gas station now. No additives, no race fuel. (AEM water/meth might have been an option...)
I did not have her clayed, wasn't even there for the 2nd build, but from the builders experience, no more than 35° vtc advance. I have not had any v>v or v>p contact. Rev limiter is raised to 8200, could go higher but the torque curve drops of fast thereafter, so she just screams....

ACC-Man

Just as info:
Cams Eng. 1: Kelford Stg. 2
Cams Eng. 2: Drag Cartell Stg. 4 (Fairly large lobes and duration)

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Yessir, had almost 13:1... (Wiseco) had bad problems with knock, fuel/octane not high enough. have since reverted to 12,5:1...(CP Carillo) i know, not much difference, but i can fill er up @ any gas station now. No additives, no race fuel. (AEM water/meth might have been an option...)
I did not have her clayed, wasn't even there for the 2nd build, but from the builders experience, no more than 35° vtc advance. I have not had any v>v or v>p contact. Rev limiter is raised to 8200, could go higher but the torque curve drops of fast thereafter, so she just screams....

ACC-Man

Just as info:
Cams Eng. 1: Kelford Stg. 2
Cams Eng. 2: Drag Cartell Stg. 4 (Fairly large lobes and duration)
Oh crap. I have a cl9, not a 2nd gen... hope this dosen't throw sand in the gbx...??

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
No it should help! At least some. What engine does the cl9 have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cl9 has the K24a2/a3
2nd gen has K24z..... pretty much the same block. Cyl. head has differences

ACC-MAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts