Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jlukja, a great member on another forum (who BTW has desperately been trying to find out about this site) put together some interesting data from Edmunds.com. The Edmunds site shows the average rating of each car by owners, as well as the average rating given by the site's editors, each on a scale up to 10. Jlukja compiled the ratings for the TSX and its most common comps. (I didn't want to post this without giving him due credit.)

Read it and smile.

Car / Customer Rating / Editors Rating

Acura TSX / 9.6 / 8.7
Audi A4 / 9.4 / 7.6
BMW 3 Series / 9.4 / 7.6
Infiniti G35 / 9.2 / 8.1
Lexus IS300 / 8.9 / 7.4
Mercedes Benz C Class / 9.3 / 6.9
Saab 9-3 / 9.1 / 7.3
VW Passat / 9.2 / 7.6
Volvo S40 / 8.8 / 7.7

Looks like the TSX is having a pretty good day. :D

The Audi and the BMW do almost as well as the TSX on owners' ratings.
None of the cars do nearly as well as the TSX on the editors' ratings.

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
larchmont said:

The Audi and the BMW do almost as well as the TSX on owners' ratings
None of the cars do nearly as well as the TSX on the editors' ratings.
The difference in the editor's ratings are likely due to the price differences between the cars. Edmund's factors that into their decisions quite a bit. I've seen the 3 series fall to other cars in Edmunds shootouts because of it's relatively high price. If I had to guess, I'd say the average 3 series goes for 7 to 9 grand more than the average TSX ($26,500 compared to roughly $35,000).

I have no problem ranking the TSX above all the cars in that list. Sounds strange since I bought the 3 series instead, but I got such a great deal on mine, price was really not as big a factor.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferg is doing a great job sticking up for the 3-series, especially considering that he's not getting a whole lot of help!

Hey Ferg, don't you want to gloat a little about BMW's victory in the Speed Challenge? I mean, we're gloating about finishing 2nd! :rolleyes:

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
LOL -- Oh, I'm not expecting any help, seeing as how I'm on the TSX forum, after all. :) And gloating is not my bag....

I admit, it feels a little strange to be a BMW owner visiting the TSX forums instead of the BMW forums. It's just more relaxed around here, and I'm a big fan of the TSX. Who knows? Maybe I'll get tired of the B'mer after 6 months and trade for a TSX? Doesn't seem likely as I'm thoroughly enjoying the driving experience of the 325. It's the first car I've ever owned that I don't mind driving with the radio off. I sometimes go way out of my way to take curvy roads on the way home.

BTW, I wasn't so much defending the BMW's rating as explaining that I agree with the TSX's high rating. I think, overall, the 325 is a better sports car, but I don't think that it's $7000 to $9000 better than a TSX. No way. I just happened to fall ass backwards into a great deal on mine.

Maybe I can provide some unique insight to a potential TSX owner since I like both cars so much. :cool:

Ferg

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ferg said:
LOL -- Oh, I'm not expecting any help, seeing as how I'm on the TSX forum, after all. :) And gloating is not my bag....

I admit, it feels a little strange to be a BMW owner visiting the TSX forums instead of the BMW forums. It's just more relaxed around here, and I'm a big fan of the TSX.
Interesting, and much appreciated by all, I'm sure. Yes, it's an unusually relaxed atmosphere here, and not only that, but -- and I imagine you mean this also -- everyone is gracious and respectful. Not found on all sites, even the good ones. And there's much to be said for that.
It's the first car I've ever owned that I don't mind driving with the radio off. I sometimes go way out of my way to take curvy roads on the way home.
Well, we can certainly relate to that. :D
BTW, I wasn't so much defending the BMW's rating as explaining that I agree with the TSX's high rating. I think, overall, the 325 is a better sports car, but I don't think that it's $7000 to $9000 better than a TSX. No way. I just happened to fall ass backwards into a great deal on mine.

Maybe I can provide some unique insight to a potential TSX owner since I like both cars so much. :cool:
Definitely. And I think many or most of us TSX'ers would have taken the 325 just like you did.

Not me of course..... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts