Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very brief rattle only on cold starts. It only happens when the starter engages and immediately goes away. If the car is warm or recently driven I do not get the noise at all. I am leaning towards the possibility of a cracked flywheel or bad starter. Has anyone had similar issues? If so, what resolved it. The car is an 08 with auto trans and 43k

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I have this same very brief rattle but I've attributed it to heat shield/splash shield loose+a weak battery that causes the car to crank longer which equals the rattle.

On a warm start it cranks pretty fast so it doesn't rattle. If it was a cracked flywheel the issue would be more prevalent while shifting, higher rpms, there would be an evident shudder, no?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just replaced the battery thinking the rattle was caused by the slow crank and that did not reslove the issue. My first thought was a loose heat shield, which would be best case scenario. I did notice today that it does it on regular/warm starts as well, just not as noticible or loud

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've just noticed when my car is at idle, it has this soft whining sound. Not exactly I don;t think what you're talking about, but not to hijack your thread,does anynone know what this could be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts