Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have that on theirs whenever they go over a bump on the road? I never use to care about it and turned up the volume but since I'm driving more and more clients these days, they're starting to get annoyed of it.

Apparently it's a known problem to Acura but they don't know how to fix it... My car is going back to lougheed acura on the 24th..

sucks ass. lol.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Common problem, especially (I think) in the earlier TSX's.

In fact.....is this THE FIRST instance we've heard in an '05????

You weren't specific about exactly where in the dash it seems to be coming from, but it doesn't really matter -- every which place has been common, and as far as I know it can always or almost always be fixed, although sometimes it takes more than one try.

Sometimes even more than two tries unfortunately.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
larchmont said:
Common problem, especially (I think) in the earlier TSX's.

In fact.....is this THE FIRST instance we've heard in an '05????

You weren't specific about exactly where in the dash it seems to be coming from, but it doesn't really matter -- every which place has been common, and as far as I know it can always or almost always be fixed, although sometimes it takes more than one try.

Sometimes even more than two tries unfortunately.....

It's around the steering column area or between the steering column and the GPS system. Either way it's starting to get on my nerves since my client mentioned it.

The service department at lougheed acura was kinda pissed off cause I was the first 05 to complain to them about it... Guess they thought it was fixed.. They said they'll need my car for about 3-4 days.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
THEY were pissed? :jeffy:

That location is pretty common for rattles. I guess it must mean the fit of the plastic (or whatever it is) :D isn't perfect somewhere in there.

BTW.....it is plastic, isn't it? :donno:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
larchmont said:
THEY were pissed? :jeffy:

That location is pretty common for rattles. I guess it must mean the fit of the plastic (or whatever it is) :D isn't perfect somewhere in there.

BTW.....it is plastic, isn't it? :donno:

they were pissed because they thought the problem was fixed in 05...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
b_lum81 said:
they were pissed because they thought the problem was fixed in 05...
Aha -- I thought you meant pissed at you!

Regarding them thinking it had been taken care of.....I also thought it might have been fixed not only for the '05's, but basically for the last few months of the '04 too.

And maybe it basically has been. But the thing is, AFAIK every car model has some incidence of rattles. If it's a very small percentage of the cars, that's probably par for the course; in fact that would be quite good. I know that wouldn't help b_lum any to know that :mecry: but maybe it's only a few of the '05's that have the problem.

We'll be getting a better idea of this as we go along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.