Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I heard people actually swapped out there intake manifold for these second gen tsx's for the RBC one thats used in some of the accords? Is it really that simple for buying it and replacing, because im hearing I would get lots of gains after a tune.

Also, I am hearing that pulleys would cause a lot more vibration to the car, but is it really that bothersome or can I deal with it?

As you can see I am building my car with all thee threads lol

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
You may want to read this blog by vit. Also for kicks, he tests the bigger TB theory. We share almost identical motors so I would say the results would be similar.

2012+ Honda Civic Si RBC Intake Manifold Test | VitTuned Blog

It may not be worth the money to do it for small gains. It's also not a simple bolt on affair. You'll need some new hoses, new gasket or weld the RBC unused holes shut, injector adaptors or new ones. The whole kit can be found here if you need an idea on parts:

2009+ Cu2 Acura TSX - Engine - Intake Manifold/ Swap kits - Axion Industries

The UR pulleys have a bad reputation on our car. See the other forum site and search. It's an old thread, but lots of problems and no new updates so I think most gave up on them. If they are balanced, there should not be any vibrations. In theory, it's less rotational mass = free up HP, but problem with underdriving the needs of the electronics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh...yea thanks that gave me a lot of info lol, yea im not interested in small gains, that kit isn't a bad idea, but doesn't seem worth it

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
For the money and proven gains, look into a RV6 down pipe. It has been dyno'd to show gains with and without proper tuning. Trade off is a rasp when installed with stock catback exhaust. Some have fixed it with a bigger resonator.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
There isn't much to do on our platform. Limited aftermarket support.

Intake, Downpipe, Flash Pro, Expensive or Custom Exhaust, Suspension, Rims, Euro or JDM cosmetics is pretty much it for basic bolt ons. Everything else will be custom fabbed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh got you...yea all I need is the exhaust, which Im thinking about the greddy supreme sp (If it ever comes out lol) if not custom, because I will be getting some enkei rpf1's in a few months.

·
Triple Platinum Member
597 Posts
I thought you were going to put an RBC head on a 2G TSX with that title...

Then your RBC/RRC would match up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts