Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUP guys I have RBC INTAKE Manifold on my 06 TSX WITH NO Problems
WHAT U NEED TO GET IS -P2R manifold and throttle body gasket OR HONDADA GASKET
all u need to do is drill a lil vacuum fit on the bottom of your manifold… your car wont rev high and low is going run normal no check engine no vacuum leak or nothing
Size of the fitting
3/16 X 1/8 Male NPT or BSPT
1/8 Tapper Drill
make the tread 1/8 put down sum Teflon screw the fitting put on the intake anc connect all the hoses cuz if u don’t u will have vsa light turn on for vacuum leak from intake ……

drilll it down with 3/16 first and then use lil bigger drill and make the tread 1/8 to screw the fitting

If u guys need any help just ask my car runs beautiful like I say no check engine no vacuum leaks

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
How do you find the loss in low to mid torque? I removed my RBC as I felt the trq loss and the dyno showed a large trq loss. You are correct, the install is easy...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you find the loss in low to mid torque? I removed my RBC as I felt the trq loss and the dyno showed a large trq loss. You are correct, the install is easy...
i haven't drove the car yet.. i just drove down the block but everything seems to run with no problems i keep u posted on sum updates i get the car back from body shop this week

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
no i dont have Kpro stock ecu ......no check engine or any problems everything is proper
..then i highly recommend you use Kpro to get the most out of your new manifold, im not sure how well the TSX ecu comprehends with the Civic Si Intake Manifold.... worse case scenario something goes wrong because your stock ECU is reading the wrong airflow because you get more airflow through the Si IM

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..then i highly recommend you use Kpro to get the most out of your new manifold, im not sure how well the TSX ecu comprehends with the Civic Si Intake Manifold.... worse case scenario something goes wrong because your stock ECU is reading the wrong airflow because you get more airflow through the Si IM
aight thank u my friend :):mardi::mardi::mardi::mardi:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
did you use Kpro at the time and get a good tune?
I did when I had the RBC.

The loss in low/mid trq is why the poster feels his VTEC hits hard. It is much more dramatic, especially when his VTC is engaging in the 6000rpm range which is where the RBC starts making good power.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I did when I had the RBC.

The loss in low/mid trq is why the poster feels his VTEC hits hard. It is much more dramatic, especially when his VTC is engaging in the 6000rpm range which is where the RBC starts making good power.
I believe more VTC advancement will help out alot with low end/mid range.. especially midrange/top end

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you probably lost tons of low end torque and mid range power, because i did, the rbc made my tsx feel like a slug anywhere below 5k rpms

my tsx is 6 speed manual vtec open up very hard and car pulls no check engine or vsa ligt and no vacuum leaks. yes tsx is a heavy body of the car so their might be lil changes . i know ppl that had rbc on auto and car be chocking and run weak

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am guessing on the 06 + tsx engine and the rbc will be better up top as that head flows very well. I don't think I would do it on a 04-05 tsx, those heads are kinda weak.

And having to rev that high to use that manifold would not be worth it IMO unless you are road racing or something, I bet the MPG went to shit also.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am guessing on the 06 + tsx engine and the rbc will be better up top as that head flows very well. I don't think I would do it on a 04-05 tsx, those heads are kinda weak.

And having to rev that high to use that manifold would not be worth it IMO unless you are road racing or something, I bet the MPG went to shit also.
yeah man 06-08 tsx head is better then 04-05 rbc manifold dos lil more power vtec open up harder

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In low revs you feel any lose of power ? is better option RBC than RRC ?
i haven't lose any power my car rips 1st gear, chirps 2gear so as 3rd gear no problem .........and Rbc is better then RRC cuz lots off ppl use rbc manifolds on track cars plus if u look in my picture is eazy to make the vacuum pored so everything is on point

·
USDM?
1,626 Posts
my tsx is 6 speed manual vtec open up very hard and car pulls no check engine or vsa ligt and no vacuum leaks. yes tsx is a heavy body of the car so their might be lil changes . i know ppl that had rbc on auto and car be chocking and run weak
when i had my tsx it was a 06-08 6speed too, and to me it was still sluggish haha below 5k, if you want to utilize that manifold to its potential get kpro/flashpro (if flashpro can adjust VTC) and a VTC cam gear that is (25*K24)machined or (50*K20)capped around those degrees of 35*~45*, should get rid of some of the lost power under like 5k, yes when i had it it pulled hard all the way to 8k redline, but really only after 5k when vtec was engaged, but you dont have to take one word out of this from me ! haha good job on the diy too!

same lol

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when i had my tsx it was a 06-08 6speed too, and to me it was still sluggish haha below 5k, if you want to utilize that manifold to its potential get kpro/flashpro (if flashpro can adjust VTC) and a VTC cam gear that is (25*K24)machined or (50*K20)capped around those degrees of 35*~45*, should get rid of some of the lost power under like 5k, yes when i had it it pulled hard all the way to 8k redline, but really only after 5k when vtec was engaged, but you dont have to take one word out of this from me ! haha good job on the diy too!

same lol
good looks man im not trying to dump any money in to this car i might sale it .....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts