Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of searching on this topic and found some interesting thoughts but wanted to get feedback from you guys. I'm not looking to hit the track with my ride but to mod it to my comfort level which is drive it daily, pass emissions and gain a bit more power while I'm at it. I'm really interested in which injectors I should go with, the RDX or DeatschWerks injectors ?

Thoughts well appreciated.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Just make sure you get plugs that clip into the stock wires and then into the aftermarket injectors. I have used DeatschWerks 1000cc with no issues but with that said I don't think they will do any good unless you do some motor work or go with boost and a tune. Injectors alone will get you zero gains.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Just make sure you get plugs that clip into the stock wires and then into the aftermarket injectors. I have used DeatschWerks 1000cc with no issues but with that said I don't think they will do any good unless you do some motor work or go with boost and a tune. Injectors alone will get you zero gains.

I figured as much. But since I'm changing out my header I figured that this should be a great time to swap out the injectors. I'm leaning more to the RDX seeing how its cheaper and I'm not planning to tune the heck out of the ride... yet! And the clips can be purchased at Toyota, correct?

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
I figured as much. But since I'm changing out my header I figured that this should be a great time to swap out the injectors. I'm leaning more to the RDX seeing how its cheaper and I'm not planning to tune the heck out of the ride... yet! And the clips can be purchased at Toyota, correct?
Toyota ? Where ever you are buying the injectors should sell them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Swapping out your stock injectors for RDX injectors is complete overkill for a header swap. Unless you have some other mods planned etc.. Exhaust, intake, intake manifold, test pipe, etc...

I'm sure you have this covered already but you can't just install RDX injectors without tuning software(flashpro) to recalibrate the tune and get your car running correctly.

If you already have flashpro or some type of tuning software you should take a look at your injector duty cycle at WOT. It's probably not anywhere near say 90% at WOT, which is why swapping out the stock injectors isn't necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
goforbroke
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing