Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
re: Installing iPod in 2004 TSX

I understand that the Soundgate SNHOND3 is the only auxilliary adapter that will work in connecting the TSX stock stereo to an iPod (or any other input device). Is anybody able to verify this?

Would anybody be able to let me know where I could purchase this or an equivalent auxilliary adapter in the Greater Toronto Area...? I would like to make my iPod work with my 2004 TSX... Thought about using an FM transmitter but not sure if the quality will be up to par. I figure the toronto radio stations would cause a lot of interference with an FM transmitter as well.

Your thoughts would be appreciated,

Cheers,

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yes, it works. I installed it on mine and tested it out with a couple of MP3 players (need to get my own). Sound is clear. I also got a Ground Loop Isolator...useful if you plug your i-pod into the cig lighter. I'm not sure where to get in Toronto, but I got mine here:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html

Hope that helps.

·
TSX Bronco
20 Posts
I got mine at Auto Sound Design. I think I overpaid though cause I paid $200CDN. But I didn't want to go through the shipping and customs hassle. Plus, logjam was out of stock and on backorder of the adapter at the time I wanted to buy. It's definitely worth it though. I couldn't imagine not having the iPod in my TSX!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
re: Useful Information

Thanks everyone for all the useful information...

Sturm... looks like you have a pretty wicked TSX. You have a picture you can post of your fine looking machine? Also, did you install the SNHOND3 cable yourself? If you did, did you run into any issues along the way or was it pretty straight forward?

By the way, nice choice getting the m3 lip spoiler... I've seen it done before and it looks amazing on the TSX!

:greenboun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts