Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I am the proud owner of a 2004 TSX with 110,000 miles and the paint is starting to show some decent wear. I am trying to decide whether or not to get the car re-painted or wrapped. I've been looking around and it seems lie in order to get a fresh off the show room quality paint job, I'll need to dish out a good 4 to 7 thousand. Does anyone have any experience with getting their TSX re-painted?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
what color is the car?
Under his name it says "Silver"

You shouldn't be anywhere near that price if you're not changing the color. I would say in between 2-3K for a brand new factory finish car in the same color. If they want more then that go elsewhere.

THing is most of your damage is gonna be your roof and hood, maybe your trunk. You aren't going to have your bay and jams painted again more then likely so there is a lot less involved if you're not changing your color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be keeping the same color but maybe add a little more pearl. I would also probably have whoever sprays the car sand and bondo out the little dings on my doors and fenders before re-painting it so that the body is flawless too.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Just to prep, spray, wet sand and buff I could see 1200 but when you bring up body work that's where it gets expensive fast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Just to prep, spray, wet sand and buff I could see 1200 but when you bring up body work that's where it gets expensive fast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Check out paintless dent removal. There is a guy by me that does a phenomenal job and it's pretty cheap for those normal dings and dents. He charged me $175 for my whole truck (08 Tundra DBL Cab) and there were quite a few little dings, now it looks flawless.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
I would be keeping the same color but maybe add a little more pearl. I would also probably have whoever sprays the car sand and bondo out the little dings on my doors and fenders before re-painting it so that the body is flawless too.
adding pearl "extra" pearl can create an issue when it comes to future touch ups unless you mix extra paint as reserve. I do paint automotive refinishing and i did a color change on my TSX recently from MR to Rosso Corsa (Ferrari Red). the total cost including labor i'd average to at least $3,000.00. i recommend fixing every possible ding there is because once the car is repainting it will stand out easily.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, i think i've decided to hold off on painting it for a little while because i'm about to get all my fenders rolled and pulled. but i'm definitely going to get the whole body sanded and smoothed out before new paint goes on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.