1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 06 pwp and im looking to do the following upgrades:

major
- aspec body kit
- Buddy club n with rear camber kit - plan on slamming it.
- cat back
- wheels

Minor
- switch blade key
- window roll up
- tint
- 12" sub and amp

I'm pretty much gonna stick to this plan and try to keep it under 5 grand.

now for the wheels. im considering a used set of work emotions 17" 8.5 fr 9.5 r, the lip on the rear is hugh, i dont really care for the staggered esp on a fwd car, but i like the rim, and i might get it for a good price. can anyone tell if there will be a fitment issue with the car dropped?

if this doesn't workout, my next option will be enkei rfp1 sbc, new. id like like an opinion on the size, 17" or 18", when the car is dropped, i'm thinking the 17" would look decent, but the 18"s my look better. the car is a daily driver. Any suggestions on a cat back would b great also, wished i lived in CA.. theres always cool stuff for sale in the classifieds there, never find a deal down here.

and, if i get he enkei's in a 7.5 width, what will be the best size tires for 17" and 18"

·
Registered
91 Posts
go for it, here's my two cents:

.12" sub; get the jl "JL Audio Thin-Line Subwoofers", save a lots of space in the trunk
.fujitsubo legalis r (since they don't make the Evo2 no more)
.switch blade key (search on ebay, bought 3 for $180)
.on the suspension, why not go with the ht-spec from heeltoeauto

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good Luck on trying to do it for under 5G's

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Yeah I don't think your going to be able to do all that for 5 grand. If its your daily I personally wouldn't go with staggered fitment, RPF1s are pretty affordable but the SBC finish adds a lot to the cost. 7.5" wide is kinda weak though, if your going to buy them new mine as well get 18x8.5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got some wiggle room with the 5K, trying to get some deals on what i can. How good are the ht coilovers compared to the bc? from what i read i agree with you leemaster, seems everyone is happier with 18's .. im thinking about some gram lights 18x8 offest 40 in gold - getting a decent deal on them. I was looking at the skunk2 exhaust from heel toe and the switch blade key from there too so i can have it cut and have the chip implanted in it all at once. I already got the window roll u module, will install it with when i get door speakers, and get a tint job soon. i know this is the wrong section, but does anyone know the best way to add an amp to the the existing factory deck? also since this is an 06, does it have tps in the wheels?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
^ I also question the budget..I went way past $5k and I don't have the exhaust.

My amp was added through the rear speakers..my nav unit wasn't touched.

No TPMS on 06..only 07+.

I do like the sound of the JL thin-line..will do some research and this may be my replacement when my sub blows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
major
- aspec body kit $1000
- Buddy club n with rear camber kit - plan on slamming it. ...$1500 install 500
- cat back $700
- wheels $1800

Minor
- switch blade key 150
- window roll up
- tint
- 12" sub and amp 400

mmm so looks like 6 grand - might hold off on the body kit till next yr

·
Registered
76 Posts
What catback are you planning on getting? and i had no idea that the bodykit was that cheap?? are you installing the bodykit and exhaust yourself?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
install the coilovers yourself. $500 for an install is CRAZY. If you go enkei RPF1's, I recommend 18x8.5 +30 offset in SBC. 17" rfp1's look tiny cause there is a lip. If you slam it, you'll need to roll fenders which is about 25 bucks per fender (100 total)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to do it myself, I really hate wrench monkeys working on my car, I'm pretty good at diy stuff, but this is a little over my head,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I got a set of rpf1's in silver : Front 18x8 +40 with 225/40/18
Rear 18x8.5 +33 with 225/40/18 ... They are really flush.. I have 2 oem wheels in the trunk and had 2 passengers in the backseat lastnight and they hitting the fenders in the rear arounnd corners, guess this means I will need to have the fenders rolled. Will be getting the buddy club coils and A-spec body kit soon. I plan on dropping it about 3" all around. Where is the best place to get the fenders rolled?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Decided against going with the catback... Just gonna get tints, switchblade key, apline type s speakers up front and 6x9, window roll up and i wanna paint the bottom part of the rear bumper flat black, then I'm done. I think..

·
Registered
38 Posts
so far ive spent:

$1300 : Euro R kit/a-spec kit painted.
$800 : Tein flex coilovers // self install
$800 : work varianzas/work lugs
$150 : tint
$180 : camber kit
$40 : ap2 tips
$120 : cusco front strut / lower tie / comptech RSB
$5 : DIY chrome trim removal. <-- LOL
------

$3445

but i waited and waited and waited for craigslist deals and i got lucky for some of em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts